Author Topic: Eddie Sanders b. Oct 1912 in Bethnal Green  (Read 3436 times)

Offline Tess Bates

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Eddie Sanders b. Oct 1912 in Bethnal Green
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 18:41 GMT (UK) »
Evening,  When you say The 1939 National Register, what is this type of register, please excuse my naivety but I have only been at this for a month or so, so words are all new too me.

He had a sister Annie D, so this could be her.  I shall investigate the MOD records,  Thank you so much, Tess

Welcome from me, too! ;D

Public records for the last 100 years are few and far between! (Due to privacy concerns)
He can be seen on the 1939 National Register, together with Annie (You'll need to pay to see the details of the record).

There are no other censuses to see - 1921 is due to be published in 4 years time?
Maybe Electioral Rolls would help - but he won't be included until he was 21 (in 1933)
WW2 Service records are still with the MOD - you'll need to pay £30 to see them.

Offline Tess Bates

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 18:44 GMT (UK) »
  Thank you for the advice on names, (opps), thankfully the moderator kindly removed these for me, but I learn quickly...

Yes the spellings do seem to be at the whim of the registers of these documents, so I can confirm that the (L) mention is correct that would be my husbands mother.

I shall add FreeBMD to my resources file,

Many Thanks Tess
Welcome from me too :)

You may need to edit your originating post if the children you mention are still alive.  Rootschat has a rule against naming living people on here.  However, as you say you have no living relatives to ask that may not be the case here.

Re the third child you mention (L), FreeBMD shows a possible birth registration in Bethnal Green in 1946 but with a different spelling of the first name.  I can't easily see birth registrations for the other two in the area.

If you are not yet familiar with it, FreeBMD is a fantastic source for finding BMD reference details in England and Wales:  www.freebmd.org.uk.  You can use these reference details to order certificates from the GRO online for £9.25 each.

Offline Tess Bates

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 18:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I have all the details for Jacquline, it is Eddie I am having trouble with, I will update on a new post all I have found on him after I have responded to all the lovely peeps whom have taken time to help me,  Tess
It looks like Jacqueline is down as Saunders? 1949.

Offline Tess Bates

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 18:58 GMT (UK) »
Good Evening everyone,

Firstly, thank you all so much for your fabulous help and for taking the time to help my conundrum;  Righty ho here is what I have managed to find out this afternoon as they say.

I have discovered a document from The Guardians of the Poor of the Parish of Poplar: Dated: 22 January 1919:  All of the names I list below are all deceased:

Annie Sanders aged 42yrs
Annie Dorothy Sanders aged 14yrs
Ernest Charles Sanders aged 12yrs
Clara Victoria Sanders aged 10yrs
Eddy William Sanders aged 6 yrs.

So, I now know that Eddy entered a Workhouse in Bethnal Green in 1919, as his Father Ernest passed away in 1918, but I can not trace any records of discharge for any of them.

The next item I find on Eddy is when 1936 on the register of Electors?  Then his marriage in 1942 to Nellie May Saunders (Also known as Ellen/Helen to the family).

So from 1919 until 1936 I have a gap.

I will update you all when the Death Certificate I ordered for Sanders 1953 in Epping, hopefully it is the right one and throw some light on this strange black out of information.

Once again, thank you all for your amazing responses and advice,

Tess x

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 20:02 GMT (UK) »
The workhouse record on anc--ry, use the arrow in the middle at right side and go to the next page.
It reads The above named persons were delivered to the gate keeper 15 March 1919.
This appears to be their discharge date.

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 20:24 GMT (UK) »
Service Records for those personnel serving after 1920:
https://www.gov.uk/get-copy-military-service-records/overview
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Tess Bates

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 21:12 GMT (UK) »
Ohhh I thought that was when they where going in... silly me xxx thank you xxx
The workhouse record on anc--ry, use the arrow in the middle at right side and go to the next page.
It reads The above named persons were delivered to the gate keeper 15 March 1919.
This appears to be their discharge date.

Offline Tess Bates

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 21:13 GMT (UK) »