Author Topic: 1939 Register Help  (Read 626 times)

Offline littlefacey

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1939 Register Help
« on: Thursday 09 February 17 12:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello!

Im trying to find out any information on a family from Birmingham. I have located them on the 1939 register but before i pay £6.95 to view the record i wanted to know a couple of things?

The family i am looking in to is the Allen's. (not the most uncommon name!) Jean Joy Allen was born in  Birmingham 1930. Her mothers maiden name was Cross... after going through marriages i found one for Elsie M Cross & William Allen (which matches with what i know). I didnt know any d.o.b's so i decided to look on the 1939 register and found the family except William is known on here as Reggie (which again matches with what i know).

Now the question is, will Reggie / William's name listed on the register be his name given on his birth certificate? I dont want to pay £7 for a record that wont help me find his parents etc..

Thanks in advance.
Morralley, Morrallee, Moralee, Felton, Paxton, Schonbeck

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1939 Register Help
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 February 17 13:09 GMT (UK) »
I will send you a PM about this.
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline littlefacey

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 09 February 17 16:02 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for you pm's!

Can anyone help from here.... i didnt realise that the 1939 register didn't tell you where someone was born  :-\ So i am now looking for the birth of William Allen b. 31 Aug 1905 and died in Birmingham 1975. He lived and married in Birmingham but i cannot find a matching birth record... is there anyway i can search baptism records? im thinking it may give more clues..?

Thanks

Morralley, Morrallee, Moralee, Felton, Paxton, Schonbeck

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 09 February 17 16:50 GMT (UK) »
You really need the marriage certificate for the fathers name and occupation.  There are too many choices for birth registrations in 3rd & 4th quarter 1905. 
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk