Author Topic: Struggling with 1901  (Read 1775 times)

Offline Brie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Struggling with 1901
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 11 February 17 17:00 GMT (UK) »
Thank you both. I shall keep notes of what you have sent. I'm doing this for a friend who is doing this for a relation. I shall go over this with her and look at the tree we've constucted so far. I really want to do it now but work is getting in the way  ::)

However, as you both know it's checking, checking and checking that's important in this game but I think we're on the right track.

Thanks again for all your help and I'll be back when I've looked through all the evidence so far

Brie

Offline MaureeninNY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 11 February 17 17:15 GMT (UK) »
You probably have these:

..report the death of Mr. Joseph Ernest Cox, proprietor of the A.B.C. Library, Sea-road, who passed away at his residence, 16, Bennett-road, Blackheath, on Thursday. Deceased was a sufferer from consumption, and went to live in Blackheath in January, after having been seriouslv ill since the autumn. He had been in business in Bexhill for about five years and leaves a widow and one daughter. The funeral takes place to-day (Saturday).

May 7, 1910 - Bexhill-on-Sea Observer - Bexhill, East Sussex, England
The funeral of Mr. Joseph Ernest Cox, of the A.B.C. Library, Sea-road, whose death recorded in our last issue, took place at the Lee Cemetery, Blackheath, on Saturday afternoon.
May 14, 1910 - Bexhill-on-Sea Observer - Bexhill, East Sussex, England
COX, Margaret Ellen, widow of the late Joseph Ernest Cox. of Blackheath. and late of Bexhill. on 18th September. 1922.
September 23, 1922 - Bexhill-on-Sea Observer - Bexhill, East Sussex, England

Maureen

Offline Brie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 11 February 17 17:32 GMT (UK) »
Maureen, I hadn't got those and it fits in really well in building up a picture of this family. My friend is going to be so pleased.

Thank you
Brie