Author Topic: Freeserve Orange and Wanadoo Email Closure  (Read 24638 times)

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
Re: Freeserve Orange and Wanadoo Email Closure
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 14 March 17 20:15 GMT (UK) »
Deirdre,

You're most welcome - I need reminding to do all sorts of things too!  :)

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline Siamese Girl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 20 June 17 16:35 BST (UK) »
Weirdly I thought I had waved goodbye to my Freeserve email at the end of May, but I looked at it just now to find an old email and realised that it is still live and has been since 12 June. I can even send emails too.

I really miss it and am hoping against hope that it hasn't gone for good. Gmail seems very basic in comparison and I don't like the fact that I can only see my emails when I am online and not offline  - which given the iffy Internet connection provided by EE can be a problem.

Carole
CHILD Glos/London, BONUS London, DIMSDALE London, HODD and TUTT Sussex,  BONNER and PATTEN Essex, BOWLER and HOLLIER Oxfordshire, HUGH Lincolnshire, LEEDOM all.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 20 June 17 16:41 BST (UK) »
I've been getting some too, though have moved to Gmail as my main account. Not tried sending any. It will disappear soon I'm afraid  :(
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Logy

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 12 January 20 12:02 GMT (UK) »
Hello Trystan,
I'm new to RootsChat but have just seen this thread,
Ive tried to get help elsewhere but nobody seems to be able to help me.
I used to have an old fsworld email account and I vaguely recall being informed something about it but can't remember the details as I was ill at the time.
Can I still access my emails somehow?
Thank you for any help.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 12 January 20 12:44 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat, it’s a very helpful site.

Sadly I don’t think so, but i’d love to know if it is possible (there are some old messages i’d love to find!).
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 12 January 20 14:04 GMT (UK) »
I too had an fsworld account,but would have no clue as to my old password,so even if it's possible to get access to old mails, I don't think I'd get logged in.

Welcome to Rootschat Logy  :)

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk