Author Topic: Joseph McClure - Glispin  (Read 333 times)

Offline Ohanlon

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Joseph McClure - Glispin
« on: Sunday 12 February 17 01:41 GMT (UK) »
The past week I have had some great help on a few brick wallers........... this outstanding one is a very stubborn one which I have not be able to solve for several years ... can anyone help, please?

The Glispins farmed in Riverdale Township, Minnesota. In the 1880 Fed Census there is an unmarried son called Michael J Glispin (head). In the household there is his mother Anna and a boy named Joseph McClure from Tennessee aged 10 years. The Census reads he is the adopted son, I imagine, of  Michael J Glispin.
In 1883 Michael J was taken back to his roots in Massachusetts to die, by his mother. Joseph McClure went to live with Michael's sister Jennie (Jane) Amell in the nearby farming township of Feildon. He would have been 15 years, as found in the 1885 State Census.
From this point Joseph McClure (- Glispin) seems to disappear.
The Amells moved to Spokane in 1888 and Joseph appears not to have gone with them

This is a difficult request but I wonder if anyone can trace the future life of Joseph for me?

As he came from Tennessee to the Glispins farm I have not been able to find a link between his family (McClures) and the Glispins.

Thank your consideration of my request.