Author Topic: ***COMPLETED*** Susan PATTEN born abt 1812 - 1815 Langley  (Read 1817 times)

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ***COMPLETED*** Susan PATTEN born abt 1812 - 1815 Langley
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 15 February 17 06:21 GMT (UK) »
James Prime of Barley Herts. married Eleanor Trigg by License 29 March 1831 at St Mary Haggerston Hackney. Witness Abraham Prime and Benjamin Prime.
Re above baptism of son John at Langley.

So I would suggest Barley Herts and surrounding area for George Prime with father Jacob about 1808

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 15 February 17 06:30 GMT (UK) »
There is a Joseph Prime who marries Elizabeth Pigram 23 June 1831 by banns at Langley witness George Prime and Hannah Pigram.
This would suggest George was a close relative of Joseph.

According to maps Langley Essex near Calvering Essex and next to Herts.

Offline enzfan

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 15 February 17 06:46 GMT (UK) »
Wonderful thankyou  :)

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 15 February 17 07:02 GMT (UK) »
I believe I've found George King Prime' parents

Jacob Prime married Mary King both of the parish at Langley 15 August 1799, witness Hannah Prime and John ---?

Also at the Essex Record Office they have this under Deeds of Langley
ref: D/DU 654/1  4 January 1803 admission of Jacob Prime, he bought copyhold property of the manor of Calvering and Langley for 470 pounds. It gives a good description of the land.
Ref D/DU/4  dated 11 July 1856 admission of Jacob Prime junior by will of the father he inherited the land.
I could not find Jacob's will listed at the ERO, but you can ask them if the deed of 1856 gives any other reference to his will.

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 15 February 17 07:19 GMT (UK) »
Last one for tonight,
We cannot find baptism in the C of E church because in 1826 Jacob Prime joined the Baptist Church, he is listed as part of a committee to build a chapel in 1827 at Langley.

Offline enzfan

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 15 February 17 18:32 GMT (UK) »
Again - thank you so much for all your help with these people  ;D

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 16 February 17 10:17 GMT (UK) »
ON the Hayden side of the family. at Langley.
Sarah (who marries Simon Patten) is the daughter of Isaac Hayden and Elizabeth bap 16 March 1788
There is  also another daughter Susan bap 4 July 1790
Added: a son Thomas bap 26 March 1786 and William bap 21 October 1792

Will of Elizabeth West widow of Wendon in Essex written 31 May 1800, probate 21 October 1801.
To my niece *Elizabeth Hayden wife of Isaac Hayden of Langley* she gets all the land, houses, tenements, barn furniture, and wearing apparel. Her nephews George, Robert, Henry and Arthur Newman sons of her brother John Newman get the residue of monies left over after funeral expenses. So Elizabeth West was born Elizabeth Newman.
The Hayden family got more land by inheritance.
This Elizabeth Hayden is the same one mentioned above as mother of Sarah.
ERO Ref D/ABW/115/1/65.

Offline enzfan

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 16 February 17 18:39 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks again. I really appreciate your help with this one  ;D

Offline bellysally

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 29 March 18 01:24 BST (UK) »
Hi and am hoping "amondg" and "enzfan" will read this as need a little bit of help as I have been going over my PATTEN and HAYDEN tree and I have Sarah Hayden as the daughter of John Hayden and Mary Townsend and baptism as 2/11/1789 at Manuden, Essex. I also have Joseph Patten's death and burial in London and his occupation glove maker and after his wife Hannah Balk died (in London 14/10/1792) he remarried 17/9/1798 Mary Lightburn and both were widows. I always wondered if I had correct facts regarding Joseph Patten and him living and working as a glover. Do you know if that part is true and also did both Joseph and Hannah both die in London?
 Also do you know who Issac Hayden's parents are as I have no Issac Hayden's on my tree?
 What I have is this - Sarah Hayden > John Hayden m Mary Townsend > William Hayden m Elizabeth Rand > Nathaniel Hayden m Mary Reinolds > George Hayden m Dorothy Rust
I noticed also you had details of Susan Patten and George king Prime's marriage. I could never find their marriage certificate on ancestry or find my past and the only info I managed to find on ancestry was the date 12 June 1832 and place and much the same on FindMyPast. For Geo Prime's 2nd marriage to Charlotte Patten was a different story.
 Most of my Patten and Hayden families info/facts come from either ancestry and find my past and there has been many times I have had incorrect info from ancestry members. All the above people I have mentioned are my direct ancestors. Another thing is I got a bit confused regarding maiden name of  Elizabeth wife of Issac Hayden, was it Newman or West when she married Issac and did she marry twice?
 Enzfan -  we are distant cousins by the sounds of it all.
  Thanks and Cheers
Berry, Kennedy, Prime, deMalmanche, Pew, Murphy, Hastie, Wilson, Simpson, McDiarmid, Harkness, Johnston, Yorston