Author Topic: looking for any help REF: McDead/Carrigan/Donachey/McLuskey  (Read 660 times)

Offline cerip23

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
looking for any help REF: McDead/Carrigan/Donachey/McLuskey
« on: Sunday 12 February 17 10:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Im looking for births, marriages and deaths, and children for the above names. McDead/Carrigan children and Donachey/McLuskey children

Im rlly struggling and will happily receive any help offered.

Dates range from 1820-1850
OSSOP, HOPE, GEGGIE, PEARCE, PIERCE, PIEARCE, DABRY, PLUSE, EDAWRDS, TUDUR/TUDOR, VAUGHAN, YEOMANS, LOGAN

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: looking for any help REF: McDead/Carrigan/Donachey/McLuskey
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 14 February 17 13:22 GMT (UK) »
You haven't given any indication of location other than 'Ireland' or names of parents, etc.

As a researcher you should know to work back step by step. So is this for yourself or a client  ???

My partner and I have have started offering our services for research at reasonable rates...
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=639236

Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline cerip23

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 17 February 17 21:35 GMT (UK) »
My life partner, my girlfriend, that is who I am researching for. All I know is 'Ireland' because that's all the Scottish Census that they appear in says.

If I knew any more than that, I wouldn't be asking for help. >:(
OSSOP, HOPE, GEGGIE, PEARCE, PIERCE, PIEARCE, DABRY, PLUSE, EDAWRDS, TUDUR/TUDOR, VAUGHAN, YEOMANS, LOGAN

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 18 February 17 21:44 GMT (UK) »
My life partner, my girlfriend, that is who I am researching for. All I know is 'Ireland' because that's all the Scottish Census that they appear in says.

So, all you have is surnames? no first names or idea of dates? Surely there must be names and ages in whatever census records you've found?

Scottish certificates are so much better than Irish ones so it's likely there might be clues in those as well.

We really do need more details to even start suggesting where to look in Ireland.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 18 February 17 21:52 GMT (UK) »

If you have 10 years experience and charge £10/hour surely you know how important details are!  ??
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline cerip23

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 19 February 17 00:44 GMT (UK) »
Im not charging £10 an hr for anything, when my ex and I set up this profile, she filled in all the details including that stupid message I now dont know how to get rid of  >:(

The names I have, and that's all they are right now, are Mary Jane McDead born abt 1835, her parents were John McDead and Nancy Carrigan. I don't know if she had any brothers or sisters or even where in Ireland she was born. Im not good at researching Irish records. That's why Im asking for a little help :(

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 19 February 17 14:04 GMT (UK) »
The principals of Irish research are the same as Scottish genealogy- work back step by step using resources available and checking facts.

Would have been much easier to give advice if you had included the names and approx. dates which you already had from census records.

Civil registration in Ireland began in 1864 so you need location and religion to search for church records (if they survive).

'McDead' is more likely to be McDaid.

See here for how to search for Irish ancestors- there are new resources available online since it was written but the basics still apply-
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=498742.0