Author Topic: Daniel Watson Richardson and Eleanor Reed of Longbenton  (Read 7405 times)

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel Watson Richardson and Eleanor Reed of Longbenton
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 27 December 17 06:29 GMT (UK) »
The second part of your request, information on parents of Daniel Watson Richardson.
There is a birth registered Tynemouth Union Oct Nov Dec quarter 1838 Vol 25 page 369 of a Daniel Watson Richardson mothers maiden name was WATSON.

Ref New GRO indexes

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 27 December 17 09:41 GMT (UK) »
In response to Christine's post, reply 15, you could follow up the Callerton angle by looking at the Church records for any family events such as baptisms.

For example, my ancestor was Ralph Marshall, a blacksmith born and raised in Meldon. After marriage to Isabella Atkinson he moved to Black Callerton several years later, and he had children baptised at the churches at Newburn (my Great x 2 Grandmother) and at Ponteland.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Christianmpoulsen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 27 December 17 18:37 GMT (UK) »
Thank you River Tyne Lass, I think she is definitely the Meldon one, but can’t track the family anywhere else before or after!
Robson (NBL ENGLAND); Armstrong (NBL ENGLAND);Richardson (NBL ENGLAND); Money (NFK & NBL ENGLAND); Gibson (NBL ENGLAND);
Swoish/Swash (NFK ENGLAND);Reed (NBL ENGLAND);
Watson (NBL ENGLAND); Church (NFK ENGLAND); Trobe/Trollop (NBL ENGLAND); Lowes (NBL ENGLAND);
Sherwood (NBL ENGLAND); Harrison (NBL ENGLAND)

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 27 December 17 18:47 GMT (UK) »
Thank you amongD, that is really helpful, but even with the mothers maiden name of Watson, I am unable to get any further. I think what I need now is the 1831 or 1841 census for this family. This is what I know

Son -  Daniel Watson Richardson, born Oct/Nov/Dec 1838 Tynemouth, baptised 23 Dec 1838 Long Benton, married 28 Nov 1859 St Andrews, Newcastle to Eleanor Reed (witnesses include Sarah Watson ? Is this an Aunt or a cousin as mother is Jane Watson?)

Father George Richardson, born circa 1803 ?where

Mother Jane Watson, ?born where and when, but died before 1851 census (on which husband George is marked a widower)

Sister Ann Richardson, born circa 1824, Newburn

In 1851 census the two children and father are living in Brenkley

Any help find my missing 1841 and 1831 census, or ways to identify other children and their ages and the mothers date and place of birth and fathers place of birth would be hugely appreciated!

Best wishes, Christian  ???

Robson (NBL ENGLAND); Armstrong (NBL ENGLAND);Richardson (NBL ENGLAND); Money (NFK & NBL ENGLAND); Gibson (NBL ENGLAND);
Watson (NBL ENGLAND); Church (NFK ENGLAND); Trobe/Trollop (NBL ENGLAND); Lowes (NBL ENGLAND);

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 27 December 17 21:09 GMT (UK) »
1841 census Backworth Earsdon

George Richardson age 30 ag. lab  born in county Yes
Jane 25
Ann 15
John 15
Bartholomew 10
William 9

Did not see Daniel Watson Richardson
Looks like Bartholomew married Susannah Carr 1850 and William married Ann Bryon 1854

There is another couple George 35 and Jane 35 in Tynemouth 1841 he is a mariner living on Bedford Street
Daughter Jane age 14, Thomas age 12 and Ann age 15

I would get the birth certificate to verify parents, did a brother of George marry a Watson?

Offline c-side

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • The 'three' now have a cousin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 27 December 17 23:14 GMT (UK) »
Between 1813 and 1837 there are 4 marriages for men called George Richardson to ladies called Jane!

One of them married Jane Watson on 8th April 1822 in Newburn.

Perhaps this is where you start searching - as River Tyne Lass said - it could give you the Callerton connection.

Christine

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 27 December 17 23:26 GMT (UK) »
1841 census Backworth Earsdon

George Richardson age 30 ag. lab  born in county Yes
Jane 25
Ann 15
John 15
Bartholomew 10
William 9

Did not see Daniel Watson Richardson
Looks like Bartholomew married Susannah Carr 1850 and William married Ann Bryon 1854

There is another couple George 35 and Jane 35 in Tynemouth 1841 he is a mariner living on Bedford Street
Daughter Jane age 14, Thomas age 12 and Ann age 15

I would get the birth certificate to verify parents, did a brother of George marry a Watson?

Thank you for this.

Re the second family in Tynemouth, I did follow those up already. My George was definitely a widower on the 1851 census and this family appear on a different census with all alive, so it’s not them

Re the first family, could be...but doesn’t explain what happened to Daniel Watson Richardson who would have been 3 or 4 years old then. Not sure what you’re asking regarding a brother of George marrying a Watson, are you thinking he may have been orphaned after 1841 and taken on by brother George by 1851 census? If so, I have yet to pin down George’s family in order to identify siblings...

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 27 December 17 23:27 GMT (UK) »
Between 1813 and 1837 there are 4 marriages for men called George Richardson to ladies called Jane!

One of them married Jane Watson on 8th April 1822 in Newburn.

Perhaps this is where you start searching - as River Tyne Lass said - it could give you the Callerton connection.

Christine
Thank you Christine, yes, this is the marriage I have down for them, but unable to move forward from this re dates and places of birth and 1831 and 1841 census

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 27 December 17 23:38 GMT (UK) »
but unable to move forward from this re dates and places of birth and 1831 and 1841 census

There wasn't a 1831 census as such and the 1841 won't give you an exact place of birth, just whether or not they were born in the county where they were living.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk