Author Topic: Does anyone know the occupation please?  (Read 5713 times)

Offline Christianmpoulsen

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone know the occupation please?
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 25 February 18 09:56 GMT (UK) »
Christian:  No, I don't think so.  Although, in the very last term, a new Maths teacher came in - he was extremely handsome and I think his wife was going to start teaching the following school year.  We all fell madly in love with him of course - being 15 and 16 (I left to go to Lincoln Tech after 'o' levels).  I seem to remember his wife having some sort of permanent problem with one of her legs, resulting in a heavy limp - is this couple the Herewerds maybe?
No, Mr Heward was the Chemistry teacher. If they were there in your day you certainly wouldn’t have forgotten them. The only other couple I remember was Mr and Mrs Bainbridge.
Robson (NBL ENGLAND); Armstrong (NBL ENGLAND);Richardson (NBL ENGLAND); Money (NFK & NBL ENGLAND); Gibson (NBL ENGLAND);
Swoish/Swash (NFK ENGLAND);Reed (NBL ENGLAND);
Watson (NBL ENGLAND); Church (NFK ENGLAND); Trobe/Trollop (NBL ENGLAND); Lowes (NBL ENGLAND);
Sherwood (NBL ENGLAND); Harrison (NBL ENGLAND)

Offline lydiaann

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone know the occupation please?
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 25 February 18 14:45 GMT (UK) »
Ah well, it was a long time ago...but we were all happy there (my 2 older brothers preceded me at the school).  Mainly good memories, I am pleased to say!
Cravens of Wakefield, Alnwick, Banchory-Ternan
Houghtons and Harrises of Melbourne, Derbyshire
Taylors of Chadderton/Oldham, Lancashire
MacGillivrays of Mull
Macdonalds of Dundee