Author Topic: Looking for Georgina's parents  (Read 2595 times)

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Georgina's parents
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 10 May 18 17:33 BST (UK) »

Hi Geoff

As mentioned in the first post my cousin and I are trying to find information on Georgina who apparently worked on the farm as a domestic worker, it was given as her place of employment on her marriage to Frederik Maher in 1926, who according to information from the marriage certificate was a farmer on the same farm.  We were hoping that there may be some record which would give us a lead to Georgina's parents.

I think that Rootsweb post may have been my cousin. 

Thanks for all the efforts from everyone, but she still remains a ghost.

Sue
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Offline Lpeters

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 20 May 19 19:17 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone...thanks for helping out in this frustrating search for my grandmother. Interestingly the name Mary, Muriel, Daphne are all names used for the children of Georgina and Frederick. I've been in touch with a dna match Tanya Thwaite who has the Church family in her tree....but no mention of mt grandmother. I'm going to develop the Jacob line and see where we get to. If by some miracle it intersects with Tanya's line we might be in the right area. My eldest cous seems to think that Georgina was born in or around East London but my gut tells she was born around East Griqualand. She was an accomplished violinist and piano player, playing in concerts and orchestras around the country. My mother said her father was a post master and that he moved the family to Swakopmond to stop Georgina and her brother accepting places at the Royal School of Music. So that's all I can tell about her...it vague but it may just trigger a memory somewhere!!! Thanks again everyone for your help in this epic!!!

Offline Gillian Mauchan

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Eliza Warr c 1900 Found her she lied about her age
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 25 May 19 05:01 BST (UK) »
You wont find her estate on NAAIRS as that only goes up to about 1975 - you may need to contact the Masters Office in Natal to see if she has an estate.
WARR, MAUCHAN, GOWANS,Guest,Whitcomb. Taute, Webb,Pascual