Author Topic: researching the dick family from aberdeen  (Read 1586 times)

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: researching the dick family from aberdeen
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 14 February 17 22:47 GMT (UK) »
h rosie i have elizabeth married to alexander meldrum.im tryin to find flst margaret mortimer living with elizabeth.cant seem to find it even using family search etc

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=714261.0
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 15 February 17 07:31 GMT (UK) »
how certain are  you of your marriage finding i have her marrying alexander meldrum and having 2 children georgina and alexander both born 1871 .So do you have the marriage certificate ?...If I am looking at the right couple this Elizabeth Meldrum or Dick has other children William /John/James /Ann/Scatterty ....Marriage to John Scatterty 1858 Kennethmont Aberdeen this could be checked on SP

Rosie

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 15 February 17 13:30 GMT (UK) »
coldplayfan, the next step is to see Margaret's death certificate as I previously stated in my first replay. The information on it will end speculation!
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.