Author Topic: sarah rich  (Read 479 times)

Offline AnnGeorge

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
sarah rich
« on: Tuesday 14 February 17 07:43 GMT (UK) »
I am still hitting a brick wall with sarah widow of thomas rich, stoke lane. Her death is proving harder to find than most of the family much further back. She was on the 1891 census still stoke lane of own means and had her daughter sarah padfield with her.  She was born bryant approx. 1817. please can anyone put me out of my misery? I'd really appreciate it if you could. thanks.

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: sarah rich
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 14 February 17 07:57 GMT (UK) »
She appears to be listed as Sarah Padfield in 1891 could she have died under that name??? :-\

Sarah Padfield  age 80  Sept Qtr 1896 Shepton Mallet Vol 5c Page 283

Kay

Offline AnnGeorge

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 14 February 17 08:12 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Kay, but sarah padfield was her married daughter for some reason living with her in 1891 although her husband was still alive. I think that daughter sarah may have been ill as she had had 8 living children, the youngest thomas B. 1888, so why else leave them. William Padfield has a housekeeper in 1891 with a child possibly his as he marries her 1902 after having 5 more children with her. There seem to be a lot of padfields in the area as well as riches . thanks for trying for me.

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 14 February 17 09:23 GMT (UK) »
RG12/1911/F125/p5
Cottage, Stoke Lane, Shepton Mallett
Sarah Padfield Head Widow 74 Living on own means Bristol
Sarah Padfield dau 42 Living on own means Stoke Lane

Searching for either Sarah Rich or Sarah Padfield in Stoke Lane in 1891, the above entry is the only one I can find

The only death I can find for a Sarah Rich is Jun 1894 Bath 5c 386 age 74 which gives a possible birth year of 1820

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline AnnGeorge

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 14 February 17 15:25 GMT (UK) »
thanks for your reply Emeltom, your 1891 confirms what I had, except I hadn't realised that a mistake had been made by whoever filled the census in. surely her family would have registered her death correctly though? I have discovered that her other daughter married a padfield also but they all seemed to stay in the same area. Daughter anne padfield death S.Mallet. Daughter Sarah padfield died wells 1899 so maybe had to go to hospital there if her mother died? There were 3 hospitals in bath at that time but would she have been in hospital there? thanks again.