Author Topic: Isle of Coll/Tyree - Lachlan McArthur b. c1760.  (Read 915 times)

Offline mollie2all

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Isle of Coll/Tyree - Lachlan McArthur b. c1760.
« on: Wednesday 15 February 17 16:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Im a newbie and trying to trace a Lachlan McArthur born 1760 ish. I believe his son was Murdoch McArthur born 1787-1851. i appear to have hit a brick wall with this one. Murdoch appears to be my 3rd great Grandfather and was born in Helipol and died in Balinoe.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Mhairi28

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Isle of Coll/Tyree - Lachlan McArthur b. c1760.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 05 June 22 14:55 BST (UK) »
Hi, I came across your 'old' post when searching for some other information.
Not sure if you have found this already but Murdoch McArthur was baptised on 28th August 1787 on Tiree. His parents were John McArthur and Mary Campbell. You are unlikely to find any Tiree records before 1766.

Offline Iain...

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Isle of Coll/Tyree - Lachlan McArthur b. c1760.
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 12 July 22 15:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Mollie..., and welcome to RootsChat.  Murdoch is my 2nd Cousin 5x removed.  Birth July 1787 Helipol.  Death before 1851, Balinoe.  However, his father was John McArthur 1758 - ???? and mother Mary Campbel, 1759 - ????

His wife was Marjory or Marion McLean 1788-1858 and they had a dauughter called Marjory 1824-1881.

Normally I would advise someone like yourself to be careful with this data as I have been known to make mistakes. (lol)  But this info comes from a professional genealogist on the island.

Good luck..., Iain. 

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/family-tree/person/tree/33342780/person/28896026454/facts
McArthur - Campbeltown and Tiree Scotland
Black - Campbeltown Scotland - Rathlin Ireland
MacFarlane - Tiree
Wood / Boorman / Gimber / Lee... KENT
Dennett / Mase / Varrier /  Over... KENT