Author Topic: Death/De'ath/Deathe Family  (Read 932 times)

Offline DavidGreenall110

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Death/De'ath/Deathe Family
« on: Wednesday 15 February 17 19:42 GMT (UK) »
Can anybody out there help me???

I've hit another brick wall with my Fathers side of the family, My GG Grandfather was Joseph Death born 1847 in Norwich. His parents were Charles Death a boot and shoe maker/repairer and Dianah/Diane/Diana/Dinah/Ann Smith!

They had as far as I can gather 7 children between 1830 and 1847 (Elizabeth, Thomas, Rachael, Naomi, Sophia, Lazarus and Joseph) all born/baptised in different locations in Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire. The only Birth Certificate I can find for any of them is for Lazarus which gave me most of the information on Charles that I have. The majority of the Baptisms that I found seem to confirm Charles's occupation.

Charles is a mystery, the only possible candidate I can find with that name and occupation died in Cheveley, Cambridgeshire in 1846 with none of the above mentioned on the certificate. Dianah doesn't fair any better, she was born in that well known place of NK maybe Oxfordshire??! in around 1796 give or take 10 years and died in Cambridge in 1879.

As for Census records Charles doesn't appear in any and Dianah in 1851 to 1871 described as either a Traveller, Hawker or Widow.

I've trawled the majority of the available online records for Charles and Dianah Smith in all these locations but drawn a blank regarding their births and marriage.

Is there anywhere else that I could try to get their birth and marriage information?

Thanks in anticipation.

David

Death, Sambles, Searle, Loates, Beamish, Brooks, Bates, Coates, Hughes, Lythgoe, Johnson, Rodgers, Hawthorne, Rhodes, Lister, Sneyd

Offline middlesbrough

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Death/De'ath/Deathe Family
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 16 February 17 08:17 GMT (UK) »
There is a baptism for Charles Death in Cambridgeshire

27.5.1803 Cheveley
Mother Rachel nee Bye
Father Daniel
Privately baptised rec into church 26.6.1803

Offline DavidGreenall110

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 February 17 08:45 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks,

I've seen that one and tentatively added it to the tree as it's the only one I could find that fits the bill as well.

David
Death, Sambles, Searle, Loates, Beamish, Brooks, Bates, Coates, Hughes, Lythgoe, Johnson, Rodgers, Hawthorne, Rhodes, Lister, Sneyd

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 16 February 17 11:53 GMT (UK) »
Hello
have you seen this possible death
Charles Death Dec 1846 The Newmarket Union age 43  14 77.

The burial is at Cheveley  18.11.1846

It would fit nicely with the birth of the youngest child.
And his father from that 1803 baptism Daniel is a bricklayer ,son in law John Parson sis a shoemaker and he's married to a sister Sophie born 1811 so names are repeated.

Plus the 1851 census I can see makes Diana 38 so born 1813 widow.(Lazarus born 1845).
There's this 1841 census Rottlesdon Stowmarket road

Elizabeth Death widow 55 y
Diana 30 y
Charles 20/25 butcher y
Robert 20 butcher y

Could that be Charles and Diana visiting his relatives?

Looking at the new Gro there's -Thomas Dec 1837 Cosford,Harriet Sep 1840 Cosford,Charles Dec 1841 Newmarket Union,Rachel sep 1842 Huntingdon Union,Hannah Frances Fanny Mar 1844 Huntingdonshire union,Lazarus Sep 1844 Cambridge,David June 1846 Huntingdonshire union.

Obviously some aren't yours.But you might want to take a look.

Ciderdrinker

Offline DavidGreenall110

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 07 March 17 18:43 GMT (UK) »
Cheers Ciderdrinker,

I've followed that line but it's not them I'm afraid!

Thanks again

Dave