Author Topic: peter harnett 1742 kent  (Read 3797 times)

Offline cathieee

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: peter harnett 1742 kent
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 25 June 17 05:52 BST (UK) »
hi im back again

i ve been able to get back to henry harnett born 1599 to 1632, he married mary abbott born 1598 to 1692, she remarried in 1632 to edward wilde

mary abbotts father was called laurence abbott born about 1570 but i can find no birth record but i have records of his death in 1625 great mongeham kent

there is also a death record for his wife "ales", i know this to probs be alice, she died in 1617, it says wife of laurence abbott on it

i also have laurence abbott s fam tree from kent tyler index it also states on there that his wife was called "alea" but unfortunately it gives no maiden name

now the same thing has happened to me that happened in another line of my fam tree, loads of other trees on ancestry all had the same info that laurence abbotts wife was called ales crayford or crafford and because they were all saying the same i put the info into my tree, only to discover that the crayford and crispe family were very well to do, even part of henry viii royal house hold, that set alarm bells so i started looking at it by my own deductions

for one ales crayford was born in 1585 so seeing as her "supposed" husband laurence abbott s first child was born in 1592 it would be impossible for her to be the mother

and for 2 i found a fam tree for the craffords family and it says ales crayford married john merywether in 1613, this would fit right as it would make her 28 when married, there is no mention of her marrying a laurence abbott, and also my ales dies as ales abbott

but it really annoys me that theres 20 plus fam trees on ancestry saying that the laurence abbott lineage runs into the crayfords when it just does nt add up,

i think there maybe a connection somewhere as sir robert crayford land is mentioned in laurences will being left to his son and they are all from great mongeham ??

if anyone is on ancestry my tree is called "allen-hooligan" as i ve said, for now i ve left the crayford part on it even though its not right but if you put in laurence abbott, all after him is correct but not the before, but i can find no marriage cert for him and "ales" so can go no further back, they were well off, i know this seams to help when finding records

im now going to paste the info on the crayfords that makes it impossible for ales crayford to be laurences wife, sorry for being soooooooooo long winded, again any help or thoughts most welcome

CRAYFORD OF MONGHAM MAGNA, CRAYFORD, CO. KENT.
William Crafford, living temp. Hen. IV., married and had a son, viz.
:
Guy Crafford, who married and had issue, viz.
:
John Crayfford, of Mongham Magna, who married a dau. of — Monyngs,
and had issue, viz.
:
John Crayford, who married about 1450 the dau. and heir of Edward Wood,
of London, and had issue, viz.
:
John Crayiord, Usher of the Privy Chamber to Henry VIII., and married
Margaret, dau. of John Crypse, of Thanet, and had issue, viz.
:
Edward Crayford, who married Mary, dau. and heir of Henry Atsee, of
Heme, and had issue, viz.
:
I. WilHam, of whom afterwards.
II. Millicent, married Vincent Wotton.
III. Margaret, married — Fix.
William Crayford, Sir, Knt., married Anne, dau. of John Norton, of London,
and Co. Suffolk. She died 26th May, 1624. He died 15th August, 1623,
aged 68 years, leaving issue, viz.
:
I. Edward, who died during his father's lifetime, married Anne, dau. of
Sir Rowland Haywood, Knt., Lord Mayor of London, and had issue,viz.
:
(i) William. (2) George. (3) Richard. (4) John. (5) Anne,
II. Thomas, d. s. p.
III. Sir William, Knt., married Margaret, dau. of Abraham Campion, of
London.
IV. John, d. s. p.
V. Robert.
VI. Richard, d. s. p.
VII. Anne, married, first, John Warren, of Ripple, and secondly, Edward
Boys, of Godmanston.
94 HISTORY OF MAUNSELL, OR MANSEL.
VIII. Elizabeth, married William Boeteler, of Higham Abbey, Estry, near
Rochester.
IX. Margaret, d. s. p.
X. Allice, married John Merywether, of Sheppards Well, Kent. ( ales abbott ?? ) *
XI. Affra or Aphra, married Capt. Thomas Maunsell, R.N., of Vandy (de
la vache), Co. Bucks, and Derryvillane, Co. Cork, for issue of which
see account "Maunsell," page 42.

Offline redtonyt

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 25 June 17 12:22 BST (UK) »
Hi the returnee,

There is a marriage at Eastry, that might fit into your family, details as,

1588 Oct 7 Lawrence Abbott and Alice Friend (written as Frend)

Tony  ???

Offline cathieee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 25 June 17 13:03 BST (UK) »
hi tony

first do you know that i ve replied to you on gmail, i ve given a long apology on there about not thanking you for records and search you did for me, i never go on gmail, and never realized there were any messages on it for me, just saw them by accident lol

thanks also for the above i ll have a little nosy into it, im still falling into the trap of thinking , well if everyones putting this down it must be fact, even people with the recorded proof of dates etc who i got the info above from ( it was from a printed 1800 s peerage of the crayford family etc) are still putting ales crayford as mother when it says what year she was born and who she married etc, i know its confusing once you get further back with there being so many lines and info all over the place, but to me it s as important to have the right info for grandparents x13 as it is x1 lol

thanks again, i m sure i ll be back lol ;D

Offline redtonyt

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 25 June 17 16:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Cathie,

I did get your email but haven't replied yet!  Decorators are in and I had to disassemble and reassemble my system back then and, very remiss, forgot to reply.

Anyway back to Lawrence Abbot, all I have found is a baptism at Stelling, as follows

1563 Nov 25 Lawrence Abbot (no parentage given)
It could be that he was the son of Nicholas and Jane, based on subsequent burials in the same Parish.

There is also a baptism at Eastry as follows,

1564 July 30 Alis d/o Roger Frynde

Food for thought.  ???

Tony  :-[

Offline cathieee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 25 June 17 22:03 BST (UK) »
hi again

yes thats yet another way to spell friend i suppose lol, i ve just got rid of all the crayfords on my tree, looks much better now lol
eastry s only 4 miles from great mongeham as well so i ve put them in, and the nicholas and jane, though i can get any further back on ancestry or FindMyPast which is free this weekend so i ve been on here vertually 2 days, i was on FindMyPast last night after i got in from work from 8 pm till 7 am, yes thats right 11 hours lol and all day today, my computers had enough of me

thanks again, i m going to stop for a bit, we have nt even had our tea yet lol, thanks as always :)