Author Topic: Missing MEDIA FILES after transfer to MACKIEV FTM 2014.1  (Read 3264 times)

Offline barkbythorpe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Missing MEDIA FILES after transfer to MACKIEV FTM 2014.1
« on: Thursday 16 February 17 19:21 GMT (UK) »
MISSING MEDIA FILES AFTER TRANSFER to MACKIEV FTM 2014.1
Since recently transferring from Ancestrys FTM 2014 to Mackiev FTM 2014.1, I seem to be missing a large number of my media files (census's, index's, pictures etc) following the transfer, to the Mackiev FTM 2014.1. tree.
I seem to have lost many of the links to previously downloaded ancestry material resulting in lost media files in the application. The files appear and are accessible in my old Ancestry MEDIA file folder, they appear in my ONLINE TREE but the missing files are no longer accessible and bring up an ancestry subscription link to view
The FTM 2014.1 application and ONLINE TREE indicate they are SYNCED OK but clearly they are not?
One leg of the tree contains over a thousand files of which only about a third (approx. 300) have been downloaded to the Mackiev FTM 2014.1 application MEDIA and folder
I have tried RESTORING from the OLD BACKUP without success?
I have tried unlinking/relinking my trees? The missing files are not downloaded
I have tried the following 2 fixes following 2 recent requests  on MACKIEV LIVE CHAT to resolve this problem without success
>Downloading source images in Family Tree Maker 2010-2014
https://support.mackiev.com/150943-Downloading-source-images-in-Family
 -Tree-Maker-2010-2014

> Using the Find Missing Media Items Tool in Family Tree Maker 2011-2014
 https://support.mackiev.com/311088-Using-the-Find-Missing-Media-Items-
 Tool-in-Family-Tree-Maker-2011-2014

With regards to DOWNLOADING SOURCE IMAGES IN FTM 2010-2014 , I followed instructions (open Mackiev FTM 2014.1 then select CTL/F5 in Media) and a Download Ancestry Citation Media box appears, selected DOWNLOAD MISSING MEDIA, Media Download box appears with a message "Reviewing **** Citations for missing media" with "Analyzing media" displayed for a few minutes then cuts out and the tool shuts down with no activity in “Current file (green indicator starts to appear)/Total Progress” bars

The second option, FIND MISSING MEDIA ITEMS TOOL simply finds NO MISSING MEDIA

Can you HELP me restore my missing MEDIA files to my Mackiev Family Tree?
Many thanks
Kind Regards
Mick Pope