Author Topic: Ancestors of James Pilson and Margaret Michael  (Read 1038 times)

Offline dshoyt

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ancestors of James Pilson and Margaret Michael
« on: Friday 17 February 17 06:15 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for information on the parents (and other ancestors) of my GGG-Grandfather James Pilson b. ~1801 d. 26 May 1847 and the parents (and other ancestors) of my GGG-Grandmother Margaret Michael b. ~1802 d. 30 March 1848. they were married on 24 May 1818 in Saint Peter's in Liverpool, Lancashire, England and both of them are buried in St. Mary, Liverpool, Lancashire, England. I believe, based on a baptism record that Margaret's father may have been James Michael (?-?). If anybody happens across their actual birth dates or middle names that would be great. Any information would be appreciated and web references or other citations would help. Thanks!

Offline rolnora

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestors of James Pilson and Margaret Michael
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 February 17 07:29 GMT (UK) »
There have quite recently been other posts by another rootschat member about this family  :)
You can see them on the link and perhaps you will be able to swap info with each other.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=763099.msg6146727#msg6146727
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dshoyt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 18 February 17 05:22 GMT (UK) »
rolnora, Thanks for the link!!! Sounds like it must've been a distant relative checking on these two ;)  I was able to add some data (mostly occupational) to my existing records on their kids.

It sounds like, based on that thread, Richard Pilson and Margaret Jones are James' parents?  I kinda missed the specific reference on that.

I really enjoyed the discussion and it sounds like, without a significant deep dive, I may not be able to confirm, through sources/citations, their parents/grandparents names or genealogical data.

Offline sue 123

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 05 March 17 17:42 GMT (UK) »
Looks like we may indeed be related!!!! I have also been tracing the Pilson/Michael line as their daughter Ellen was my 2nd great grandmother.

I have hit a complete wall with Margaret but as mentioned I have Richard Pilson & Margaret Jones as James's parents based upon info from St Nicks Church.

Have you been able to get further back than that?

Offline dshoyt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 05 March 17 18:58 GMT (UK) »
sue123, I am not sure whether you had James Michael as Margaret's father ("England and Wales Non-Conformist Record Indexes (RG4-8), 1588-1977," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FWX8-3ZN : 11 December 2014), Margaret Michael, 04 Jul 1802, Baptism; citing p. 38, Talgarth, Breckonshire, record group RG4, Public Record Office, London.
), but that is the only other data that I got going backwards as of now.

Offline sue 123

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 06 March 17 15:03 GMT (UK) »
No I didnt have that so thank you.
So Margaret was welsh? I looked for her on all geneology sites but didnt find anything. I'll now start digging further.
Which Pilson are you related to ? As mentioned above I'm in Ellen's line.

Offline dshoyt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 07 March 17 01:32 GMT (UK) »
sue123, glad I could start you out. My great-great grand father is James. If I get more info, I will share here.

Offline sue 123

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 11 July 17 16:31 BST (UK) »
sue123, glad I could start you out. My great-great grand father is James. If I get more info, I will share here.

Hi again,

I wondered if you had any luck on getting more info on our Pilson/Michael family? I am afraid that I have hit a wall on both. I have remained stuck on Richard Pilson b 1764 as possible father of James. I am still searching for my young Ellen in the 1851 census after her parents died.  :'(

I had been hoping to find out if the Pilsons originated in Liverpool or from elsewhere.

regards
sue