Author Topic: Eirwen May Paul  (Read 3686 times)

Offline Tineke

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Eirwen May Paul
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 05 March 17 13:30 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for the information. I will follow it up.    Regards Tineke

Online Cas (stallc)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 06 March 17 09:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Forgot to add if you have a date of death, for the Paul family, the FH library are able to look up interment records for the nearest large cemetery to Pentre, which would be Treorchy, if they died within area.  Can also tell you who is in same plot number and address at death, who owns plot etc. They can scan and email original. This can help confirm electrol info, if any.

I have checked the index of the other largest cem in area, but not there (Trealaw) only looked for surname Paul, and names mentioned.

FH Libraries are located at Aberdare and also Pontypridd. Treorchy Library used to be a fantastic resource with great staff, but due to local cuts was closed a while ago. Resources were moved to the other FH libraries, out of immediate local area.

Good luck if you contact.

ADDED looks possibly likely David J Paul died in Pentre area 1950 Pontypridd reg district.

Cas
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Squire/Thomas/Davies/Gibbons/Mordecai/Bowen/Lewis/Rees/Williams/Jones/Llewellyn/Morgan - Glamorgan
Lewis - Breckonshire
Davies/Roderick - Myddfai Carms
Lloyd/Jones - Denbigh/Salop
Thackwell/Thomas - Hereford/Monmouthshire
Shoemac/Squire/Keirle/Small - Somerset
Berry/Baggot/Lee/Clayton - Lancs
Yelland/Bray/Trethewey - Cornwall
Baggot/Hurley/Keaveny/Shiel/Flynn - Ireland

Offline Tineke

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 06 March 17 13:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi. The David j Paul you mention died 1950 is the correct one     I found a death for Gwenllian Paul Dec 1942 Reg Cardiff Glamorgan Grave at Penrys Cemetery Rhonda CynonTaff      I am sure this is Davids wife.     Eirwen May Paul. Married in 1940.  In the 1939 Register.  David  ,Gwenllian  and Eirwen live at the same address.  ,the address on her marriage certificate. Is 18 Clarence St.   Gelli. Guess this is the same as  the 1939 Register.        I will contact the library to see if there are any clues to who Her biological mother was.   She must have been illegitimate. As there is no trace of a birth registration. , I have search. Wales and England no luck.  There was talk of a neighbour being involved.  However next step Pontypridd Library.  Thanks again for your help. Regards Tineke

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 06 March 17 13:16 GMT (UK) »
As I said before, if it were me I would be ordering the birth certificate of Eirwen M Keen to see whether the precise birthdate matches up with your Eirwen's birthdate as per the 1939 Register.

The address of the Keen family may also be of interest, if there was talk of a neighbour relationship.
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 06 March 17 13:17 GMT (UK) »
As I said before, if it were me I would be ordering the birth certificate of Eirwen M Keen to see whether the precise birthdate matches up with your Eirwen's birthdate as per the 1939 Register.

The address of the Keen family may also be of interest, if there was talk of a neighbour relationship.

I agree  ;D   ;D
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Tineke

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 06 March 17 14:35 GMT (UK) »
The dates fit Eirwen was b 1st November 1918. Have just messaged my, friend to ask if it is ok to get a certificate. I don't like to spend others money without an ok  Will keep you posted. Thanks Tineke

Online Cas (stallc)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 07 March 17 08:22 GMT (UK) »

I agree  ;D   ;D

I also agree.

Cas
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Squire/Thomas/Davies/Gibbons/Mordecai/Bowen/Lewis/Rees/Williams/Jones/Llewellyn/Morgan - Glamorgan
Lewis - Breckonshire
Davies/Roderick - Myddfai Carms
Lloyd/Jones - Denbigh/Salop
Thackwell/Thomas - Hereford/Monmouthshire
Shoemac/Squire/Keirle/Small - Somerset
Berry/Baggot/Lee/Clayton - Lancs
Yelland/Bray/Trethewey - Cornwall
Baggot/Hurley/Keaveny/Shiel/Flynn - Ireland

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 07 March 17 11:50 GMT (UK) »
There appear to be other births that could be siblings to Eirwen Keen, I have tried following them through.  A couple die in infancy, two of the girls seem to marry in Pontypridd area and one of the sons possibly dies young in Essex. I have not yet located anything on the possible parents of these children.

I will wait to see what the certificate brings if you are able to order it.

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Tineke

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 15 March 17 16:33 GMT (UK) »
Hello. Certificate for Eirwen May. Keen. Arrived today correct birth 1st November 1918 mother Elizabeth Anne Keen  maiden name Jones. Fathers details left blank so found her at last thanks to your help
      Found an public members tree with just John William Keen m 1911 Elizabeth Anne Jones Pontypridd.     Then Seperated no details given , must have divorced as John remarries a Minnie Irene Cregan in Cardiff in 1926. They have at least 9 children
       Now would like to find out what happened to Elizabeth Anne  did she remarry .?
      Thank s to all of you who have been involved.   Regards Tineke