Author Topic: Eirwen May Paul  (Read 3680 times)

Offline Tineke

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Eirwen May Paul
« Reply #9 on: Monday 20 February 17 17:57 GMT (UK) »
I have seen registration for marriage 1940. Will order a certificate. Many thanks

Offline Gaynormacdonald

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 20 February 17 23:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi. I am David and researching the very same Ancestry. Eirwen was my mother in law, and I have spent much time trying to find her place of birth. I am certain Tineke, that the present details you hold on Eirwen are correct. We thought at one period in time that England was her place of origin, but whatever we try throws up no results. If I can locate her place of birth, then I will let you know.

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 21 February 17 00:12 GMT (UK) »
I wonder whether those looking for Eirwen's birth have investigated the birth of Eirwen M Keen, mother's maiden name Jones, registered in Pontypridd in Dec qtr 1918.  This registration would be consistent with a birth on 1 November 1918.

She is the only Eirwen M registered in Pontypridd in that quarter.  I can't immediately see any later records for her as Keen, so wonder whether she may have become Eirwen May Paul?
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline Tineke

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 27 February 17 14:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi I have just received marriage certicate for David John Paul and Gwenllian Jenkins 8 th Nov 1911.This confirms their marriage but does not help the search. for Eirwen  I can't see that Gwenllian was her mother as she would have been legitimate          I  think perhaps David Paul was her father  but her mother is  unknown.   Did he have an affair with someone but accepted Eirwen was his.  Was this unamed stepmother her real mother ? Who was the Half brother John Stephens or Stevens   .?  he was older than her but it seems she was close to him There was some talk of a neighbour but  the information is sparse.  Any ideas. ..?  Regards Tineke

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 27 February 17 14:46 GMT (UK) »
I wonder whether those looking for Eirwen's birth have investigated the birth of Eirwen M Keen, mother's maiden name Jones, registered in Pontypridd in Dec qtr 1918.  This registration would be consistent with a birth on 1 November 1918.

She is the only Eirwen M registered in Pontypridd in that quarter.  I can't immediately see any later records for her as Keen, so wonder whether she may have become Eirwen May Paul?

I think this needs looking at further.  I am not convinced that David Paul was her biological father, maybe just the 'father' that brought her up. 

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Tineke

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 03 March 17 17:21 GMT (UK) »
I now have. Eirwens marriage certificate. It gives David John Paul as her father    Eirwen married in 1940 at the Register Office in Pontypridd.  At the time of marriage. Eirwen lived  at 18 Clarence St. Gelli Glamorgan. On all the census. I have seen her father. Lived at Traherne St. Pentre. Pontypridd

Is there a way to find who lived at 18 Clarence Street in 1918 when Eirwen was born ? Still have found no sign of Eirwens half. brother John Stephens. Or Stevens. Or her stepmother name unknown. Any new ideas ?    Regards. Tineke

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 03 March 17 17:32 GMT (UK) »
I now have. Eirwens marriage certificate. It gives David John Paul as her father   

This does not always indicate a birth father and is often the person who brought them up, in some cases it could be their grandfather  ;D

Is there a way to find who lived at 18 Clarence Street in 1918 when Eirwen was born ? Still have found no sign of Eirwens half. brother John Stephens. Or Stevens. Or her stepmother name unknown.

I doubt if there was an electoral register around this time because of WW1
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Tineke

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 04 March 17 08:09 GMT (UK) »
I have found Eirwen. David and Gwenllian  in the same household in the 1939 Register.  But do not know what address        I found a death for a Gwenllian Paul in 1942 in the right area   David died in 1950       However no nearer finding Eirwens  biological mother which is the main object  of the search.   I have not come across any children of David and Gwenllian.  Wonder if they had any ?
Regards Tineke

Offline Cas (stallc)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 04 March 17 12:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tineke,

Contact Aberdare Library for FH. (This is the locality FH library) You need address and be aged 21 to be included in household. The electrol rolls start at 1919, do not include the WW2 years. Hope it helps.

http://www.rctcbc.gov.uk/EN/Resident/SchoolsandLearning/Libraries/Librarylocationsandopeninghours/AberdareLibrary.aspx

The registration district was Pontypridd, the area in 1918 for Pentre was Rhondda. Tracing back pre 1911 would be Ystradyfodwg.

Hopefully with addresses you have, some info may come to light, the service is free.

Cas
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Squire/Thomas/Davies/Gibbons/Mordecai/Bowen/Lewis/Rees/Williams/Jones/Llewellyn/Morgan - Glamorgan
Lewis - Breckonshire
Davies/Roderick - Myddfai Carms
Lloyd/Jones - Denbigh/Salop
Thackwell/Thomas - Hereford/Monmouthshire
Shoemac/Squire/Keirle/Small - Somerset
Berry/Baggot/Lee/Clayton - Lancs
Yelland/Bray/Trethewey - Cornwall
Baggot/Hurley/Keaveny/Shiel/Flynn - Ireland