Author Topic: GOSS richard and george.  (Read 2300 times)

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: GOSS richard and george.
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 19 February 17 22:06 GMT (UK) »
My problem is that even though I can find Gosses and Heddons connected to Danygraig (even if not quite fiting to opening post), I cannot link them to Ann Goss and her father Richard.

The Danygraig Gosses firmly trace back to Devon. Richard Goss snr (ann's grandfather) is from Swansea and marries there in 1818
Extreme thank you's wonderful..from Diane.

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 19 February 17 22:08 GMT (UK) »
My problem is that even though I can find Gosses and Heddons connected to Danygraig (even if not quite fiting to opening post), I cannot link them to Ann Goss and her father Richard.

The Danygraig Gosses firmly trace back to Devon. Richard Goss snr (ann's grandfather) is from Swansea and marries there in 1818
Extreme thank you's wonderful..from Diane.
Interestingly in 1851 they have an Ann Heddon  aged 18 with them - she's listed as niece b Branton, Devon so not sure if she is related on the Goss or Jones side
thank you for so much information, this is very helpful.regards Diane.

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 21 March 17 06:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi please can you help me?My Ann Goss born in 1858 married Henry Gapper Llangyfelach area. she lived in Clase -her father Richard was found be a first Goss on the then Richard' Goss- first census' found in Swansea1841. His daughter was Ann Goss her mother Margaret Lott. Also George Goss possibly Richards brother/cousin...of Danygraig Farm also in same family is William Goss wife Susan Heddon.. I just cannot find[ Richard Goss.].anywhere at all from any site that matches his  family/dates.thank you for helping if you can. regards Diane.
Hi, recently I have had nice replies from people here on rootschat. I have been researching very much, but  am happy wth all my replies here thank you.! There is one more that I should like to tie in with my Goss family. It is Steven Goss born 28/ 9/ 1941.With possible sister or wife? born 12 month 1943..cannot find these anywhere on Goss family links that are up to recent dates.!..can you help me to get my dates up to more recently -please? Then I should be very satisfied with my Goss links from Devon and Swansea. thanking you kindly for any information, Diane.

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 21 March 17 06:44 GMT (UK) »
As the person mentioned may well still be alive we can't post about them here. However if you use FreeBMD - www.freebmd.org.uk and search for a Steven Goss b 1941 you can see his mother's maiden name. Then search for a marriage of a Goss and a person with that surname which may help yuo make connections. Also looking for a Goss with the same mother's maiden name will bring up a list of possible siblings (there are a few)

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 21 March 17 07:54 GMT (UK) »
As the person mentioned may well still be alive we can't post about them here. However if you use FreeBMD - www.freebmd.org.uk and search for a Steven Goss b 1941 you can see his mother's maiden name. Then search for a marriage of a Goss and a person with that surname which may help yuo make connections. Also looking for a Goss with the same mother's maiden name will bring up a list of possible siblings (there are a few)
Thank you Mabel regards Diane.