Author Topic: FTDNA & Ancestry DNA  (Read 595 times)

Offline Kimbrey

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
FTDNA & Ancestry DNA
« on: Saturday 18 February 17 10:02 GMT (UK) »
I cannot see a post anywhere,so in case anyone misses it -

FTDNA are now taking downloads of Raw Data from Ancestry and 23&Me- so more matches ? :)

There will be a charges to "unlock" the info after it is processed but at a reduced price of $19 { from $38}

Think things might be slow this weekend !

Kim

Offline Kimbrey

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: FTDNA & Ancestry DNA
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 18 February 17 11:44 GMT (UK) »
I hope I am not mis-reading this from Roberta Estes Blog

family tree dna logo

Dear Project Administrators,

You’ve all been waiting for it, and it’s finally here – transfers for 23andMe© V4 and AncestryDNA™ V2 files!

Here are the details, point by point.

Customers can now transfer 23andMe© V4 and AncestryDNA™ V2 files in addition to the 23andMe© V3 and AncestryDNA™ V1 files that Family Tree DNA accepted previously. MyHeritage and Genographic transfers will be supported in the coming weeks.
    Family Tree DNA still does not accept 23andMe© processed prior to November 2010. A Family Finder test will need to be purchased.
    23andMe© V3 and AncestryDNA™ V1 now receive a full list of matches and the ability to use the Matrix feature FOR FREE. For only $19, the customer can unlock the Chromosome Browser, myOrigins, and ancientOrigins."

Kim

Offline Seaton Smithy

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Previously known as "neb_maat_re".
    • View Profile
Re: FTDNA & Ancestry DNA
« Reply #2 on: Monday 20 February 17 23:42 GMT (UK) »
You only need to pay the US$19 to unlock the analysis tools.

Previously you only got a preview of your Top 20 matches and paid US$39 to unlock all your matches - now all your matches are available from the free transfer.

If you just want the matches and don't need the analysis tools for a particular kit (for me this was the case with my father's half first cousin's kit) then it is effectively a free DNA test.