Author Topic: Ann Morgans  (Read 987 times)

Offline insidecentre

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ann Morgans
« on: Sunday 19 February 17 15:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi iam looking for any info on Ann Morgans.I have her marriage certificate date 1838,husband Robert kelly,her father Thomas Morgans,Pembroke.For some reason i thought Robert was born Ireland,but searching more am confident his birth is 1811 give or take 1year Devon.But i was hoping Ann's age would be on the certificate but all it says is of full age.Any help on this would be great cheers.

Offline JJen

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Morgans
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 February 17 16:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Have you found Ann and Robert on any census which should give some indication of her age and place of birth?

JJ

Offline insidecentre

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 February 17 16:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi i can't find them together anywhere.Robert was a marine in Pembroke so they must of moved around.I did find in the 1841 census in Plymouth a Robert Kelley with Ann Kelley and daughter Elizabeth.But his occupation was in the navy. there daughter was Eliza not sure if that was short for Elizabeth back in the day,and surname slightly different.Many thanks.

Online Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 19 February 17 16:39 GMT (UK) »
I think they may die young - the GRO search brings up an Eliza Kelly b 1838 in Pembroke, mmn Morgans, and a Mary Ann Kelly mmn Morgan b 1851 [[sorry  - 1841] in East Stonehouse, Devon

1851 census has an Elizabeth Kelly b Wales aged 14 [indexed by Ancestry as 4]  and a Mary A Kelly aged 9 b Stonehouse in an orphans' home in Wyndham St, Plymouth, listed as "received from charity"