Author Topic: Thomas Ainslie lookup anywhere that might help please  (Read 929 times)

Offline John Cullum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Thomas Ainslie lookup anywhere that might help please
« on: Sunday 19 February 17 20:03 GMT (UK) »
This is as much as I know......
Thomas Ainslie born illegit. To Mary Ainslie on 26.08.1880 3pm 🙂 at Denhead Village (North Town), St. Andrews, Fife, Aberdeenshire.   Fathers name left blank?
Before Mary went on to marry Robert Barclay and have another family she, for whatever reason, decided to have Thomas baptised at St. Cuthberts, Carham, Northumberland just south of the border.
I have a date of 25.11.1883 and registers entry no. 456 which details mother Mary as a"single woman" living at Presson Mill with her son Thomas?
I can't trace this document and would appreciate any help in doing so, as a means to trying to identify the father of Thomas.When Thomas married and died no father was identified but he named one of his children George Birnie Esslemont Ainslie which seems strange unless he , a prominent politician was the father? I am at a loss and the reason for my search is that George Birnie Esslemont Ainslie is my wife's grandfather, if anyone can help you guys can Tia x

Offline TerriG

• RootsChat Senior
  • Kit No: B303763
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Ainslie lookup anywhere that might help please
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 February 17 18:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi John

I was wondering if this topic might do better on the Northumberland board.

Good luck!

Terri
McLeod, McKean, Hepburn (Fife)
McGowan, Gowan (Dumfriesshire, Ireland)
Nelson, McKean (Lanarkshire)
McKean, Mulgrew (Lethbridge, Alberta)
Boswell, Plumb, Lyon, Stokes, Pemberton, Crawford, Threadgold (Cheshire)
Tierney (Scotland/Ireland)

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Ainslie lookup anywhere that might help please
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 February 17 18:36 GMT (UK) »
Having had a quick google it appears that Carham records are held at Northumberland archives at Woodhorn.
North East of England