Author Topic: John woodroffe and marie pious  (Read 983 times)

Offline B17_Fan

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John woodroffe and marie pious
« on: Sunday 19 February 17 22:25 GMT (UK) »
I've just stumbled upon John woodroffe b.1642 calne and Marie Pious b.1653 marlborough. I would love to know more about marie pious as i'm intrigued that the surname could be of indian origin. It would be the first foreign blood in my family, so i really want to find out more.
I know this isn't in look ups but does anyone have the marlborough baptism records on fiche or CD? The Wilts opc doesn't have any records.

If anyone knows anything about the woodroffes or marie pious, i'd love to hear from them!
Steptoe  Morland  Morley  Ellis  Brewer  Seymour  Davis  Kempster  Cox  Jennings  Morgans  Edwards Powell Thatcher Brewer Withers Ferris Strode Kingston Goddard Heath Fishlake

Offline Muzzy79160

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John woodroffe and marie pious
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 18 February 18 11:20 GMT (UK) »
I have also found this information.  A lot of family trees on Ancestry seem to have her as a daughter of Ernest the Pious but I can not see this being true given the pious lifestyle of Ernest  (and why would just one of his children have been born in UK)  I have a document confirming Marie's death in 1679 and references for the children of Marie and John. Can not find a document to confirm the marriage though nor the birth or baptism of Marie and therefore her maiden  name.