Author Topic: Thanks  (Read 820 times)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thanks
« on: Sunday 19 February 17 23:30 GMT (UK) »
Quite some time ago I asked help from RootsChatters on behalf of my friend who could not trace a baby born to great grandparents. A second baby had been given the name of the first so the first had died but we could not trace him.
 To be brief -- it was a monumental spelling error in the register of deaths. Understandable  but not obvious until the names of all the Italian parents who had lost a baby in the set time span were compared re address , first names, Italian village where they were born etc.
Well Scotland`s People did all that and he`s been found. Whooping cough and Pneumonia at just about a year old and the new baby who was given the same name born just after.
I`d like to thank all who made helpful suggestions etc .
My friend phoned me with the news and it is just 20 year since she first started her search.
She was so pleased to find him.
Perseverance pays off !
                                        Viktoria.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 February 17 23:34 GMT (UK) »
Great result...that's the power of RootsChat....thanks for sharing   :D
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 20 February 17 10:43 GMT (UK) »
Viktoria

What a great happy ending to the story, it's great news and even better for your friend. Brilliant!

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 20 February 17 10:52 GMT (UK) »
"Feelgood Thread"  :) :) :)

Frank.
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 20 February 17 16:32 GMT (UK) »

What a lovely ending to the story. :D
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)