Author Topic: Restoration pls: Hughes home in Ireland (Eliz’s family)  (Read 841 times)

Offline Leend

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Restoration pls: Hughes home in Ireland (Eliz’s family)
« on: Tuesday 21 February 17 03:24 GMT (UK) »
Hello again. Here's more photos on my husband’s Irish ancestors. This is his grandmother’s (Eliz) home as a child - Ballanacarrick, Co Donegal. Photo quality is poor and we have wondered about the people (very small) standing in front of the door. It seems there are three people (possibly all women) with one holding a baby … and not forgetting the dog.

A clean up of the whole photo would be great. And if anyone can also enlarge the people to make them a bit clearer (as a separate file), that would be wonderful too. Depending on who the people are (and especially who the baby might be) we think its unlikely the photo was taken before the 1940s but we welcome any suggestions about the possible date of the photo.

Also, we have pretty much lost touch with the Hughes family descendants in Ireland  :( so if anyone has any leads about this house in Ballanacarrick, please let me know.

Regards … Leend

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Restoration pls: Hughes home in Ireland (Eliz’s family)
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 February 17 11:48 GMT (UK) »
I've cleaned it up a bit, but as you say, the quality is not good. I couldn't make the people any clearer I'm afraid, perhaps somebody else can improve the image.
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline japeflakes

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 February 17 15:28 GMT (UK) »

Offline Handypandy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 23 February 17 20:40 GMT (UK) »
May have been the rear view of THIS.....or something very much like it.

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 24 February 17 06:48 GMT (UK) »
Steve
**Please ask if you wish to modify my restores**    HFD Turner-Warwick-Gentle-Game-Harris-Howard-Clements-Gould-James-Lee-Cooper-Castle-Pallet-Hide-Barns-Watts-Swain-Shatbolt-Bonfield-Gundrill-Izard-Impy-Ellis-Carter-Honour BFD Gentle-Tansley-Bly-Rowney-Wilshire-Fisher-Tingay-Ivory-Clark SFK Jay-Norman-Ship ESX Jay-Mann-Gould-Fletcher MIDDX Roberts-Longe AUSTRALIA - Henry Gentle 1795-1865

Offline Leend

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 27 February 17 05:10 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Handypandy for the link. The house you found does seem very similar to the one in the photo I have but I'm thinking its probably unlikely its the same house. I have a couple other images on a photocopy of the surrounds of the building that appears in my photo which I think put it further away from any road. But I imagine the same style of building would have been used time and again ... but that's just an assumption on my behalf. I have found records that seem to link the Hughes family to that address from the 1850s so the building has been there a long time. The quest for info continues  :D

Thanks again for taking the time to check it out online for me ... regards ... Leend. 

Offline Leend

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 27 February 17 05:15 GMT (UK) »
And grateful thanks to all who worked on improving the photo and the image of the people in it. Because they are so indistinct and blurry it seems just who they are is lost in time now. But the building is much clearer and I enjoyed the coloured ones.

Well done and thank you all ... Leend