Author Topic: George (William) Thompson supposedly died in SASK, Canada in 1905  (Read 8802 times)

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George (William) Thompson supposedly died in SASK, Canada in 1905
« Reply #54 on: Monday 27 February 17 20:35 GMT (UK) »
Sounds like it would be part of the family.
http://www.ourroots.ca/page.aspx?id=1046635&qryID=488d53d5-46d2-4709-8ae5-5b47a5f23f25
Family writeup from Ituna-Hubbard book

1921 census Tullymet, Saltcoats
Fred Keisig, 50 born Ontario, Maria 39, born Eng emigrated 1904
Children George Frederick 16, born Man, Edward 15 born Sask, Minnie 13 born Sask, Miria 11 months born Sask.
1916 also in Tullymet, Saltcoats area

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~cansacem/balcarres.html
Maria died in 1969.  Husband in 1943
Images at findagrave Balcarres cemetery
https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gsr&GSiman=1&GScid=2217527&GSfn=&GSln=keisig

Daughter Maria's middle name was Story according to an online tree.  Sent the owner a link to this thread.

Offline susano

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday 28 February 17 09:50 GMT (UK) »
I ordered a marriage certificate from Manitoba in the Fall and waited 10 to 12 weeks for it to arrive.  My cheque was cashed within 2 to 3 weeks of sending it.   When I hadn't received the certificate by about week 6, I phoned Manitoba Vital Stats and was told it could be up to 3 months.  I think they may just do batches every so often.

So unfortunately you may be waiting for awhile.

Susan

Offline Ducky1

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Thursday 20 April 17 03:03 BST (UK) »
Hello
I just came across all your messages regarding George William Thompson.  He is actually my Great Grandfather as well.  Joseph Thompson is my Grandfather and James Arthur Thompson is my father.  I have loved some of the new information that I have learned from reading your messages.  I still have lots of relatives (Thompsons, Dixons, Martins) that still live in the Balcarres, Ituna area. 

Offline susano

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Thursday 20 April 17 04:43 BST (UK) »
My late husband grew up in the Ituna, SK district and I do remember hearing the names Thompson and Martin in the area.

Good luck with your research.

Susan

Offline Ruth McC

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday 31 May 17 16:06 BST (UK) »
I am a few months late on this thread. I was on holidays when the link was sent to me. But yes, Maria Thompson marries Fred Keisig of Tullymet, Sask. Their daughter Maria Storey Keisig married James Harvey McConnell. They are my aunt and uncle. This is the same family as in the thread.

Offline Tees

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Saturday 10 June 17 19:59 BST (UK) »
Hello All Who Replied,

My apologies for not getting back to you for I did not get any notifications from RC!?

Good news is that the death record is here which we are waiting for so long! Susano is correct that it will take up to 3 months which is the correct length of waiting I have experienced!

Well, sadly, the death record does not state the date of death.

It stated:

George Thompson

no date of death Just a cross

Place of Death: Sanford

Male

Age: 70 (not right age but that is to be expected in those days)

Occupation or Calling: Labourer

Religious Denomination: Roman Catholic (Sounds right but he was originally CoE but somehow became Catholic when married to his first wife (my great great grandmother))

Where born: England (wish more specific)

Cause of Death: Suddenly

Name of Physican: None mentioned

Informant & Residence: Martha Thompson, Sanford (he does have a daughter named that with his second wife)

Registered when: January 28, 1906

Name of Clerk: H. Grolls or Grills

Is there any way we could verfiy that this is my great great grandfather's death record??

I think it is a bit strange that he would be considered Roman Catholic when he married his second wife in CoE??? Ummm....

I would welcome any advice on this. I do hope we could close the chapter on this particular ancestor.

Hard to believe that they would record his death without the date of death.

As to Ducky1, you are more than welcome to PM me directly--that goes the same for other relatives.

Delighted to hear from all of you.

Thank YOU for your patience and waiting for me to get back to you with new information.

Kind regards,

Tees

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Saturday 10 June 17 20:16 BST (UK) »
Hello to the newcomers and a warm welcome to RootsChat  :). Newcomers generally need to make 3 posts (sometimes works after 2) before they can use the PM (Private Message) system. Posts to just say "Hi" work fine.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Tees

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Saturday 10 June 17 20:19 BST (UK) »
Thank you for "correcting" me and PB is correct that you need to reply at least three times to any post before you could PM anyone including me.

Thank you for taking time to help me out, PB.

Offline bbart

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Sunday 11 June 17 04:58 BST (UK) »
Hard to believe that they would record his death without the date of death.

I haven't read through all this thread to know if George had family living with him, but I have run into this before and it turned out (through newspaper articles) that the deceased keeled over from a heart attack, but wasn't found for several days, so they couldn't put a date of death, just the year.