Author Topic: Burial in Farnborough Kent. 1895  (Read 513 times)

Offline Wendy.M

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Burial in Farnborough Kent. 1895
« on: Wednesday 22 February 17 01:26 GMT (UK) »
My Gt.Gt.Aunt, 'Mary Thompson' died in Farnborough in 1877 & was buried in Farnborough Church yard, her stone found on the north side.

Her husband 'Isaac Thompson' died in 1895 in Farnborough & was buried there also.
I cannot find him included in 'Leland L. Duncan's' list of burials for Farnborough. Would that be because he had no 'stone' or was buried elsewhere?
I have looked in other areas with no luck.

This man's Baptism was screwed about giving him the wrong birth Father.  :o.  I'd like to see him at least properly interred.  ;)

Thanks for reading,
Wendy
Chester & W.Derby.Price, Ellerton.
Essex.& Bermondsey - Dansie.
Kent.- Humphrey, Bullen, Clark, Martin, Raynor.
Liverpool,-Mitchell, Rhodes,
Sussex - Tompsett, Tasker, Quinel,
Surrey.-Martin, Lambert, Devall, Phillips, Peters, Fillery, ..Cawley, Ettershank, Strath, Nourse,Tupper.

Offline Chris Doran

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Burial in Farnborough Kent. 1895
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 February 17 04:28 GMT (UK) »
According to the parish register he is properly interred with her. I've put a photo of the gravestone here (click on it to enlarge) and will see if I've got a better one later. It's just possible there is some faint writing beneath her name, but that could be my imagination. I may have to go and look. Otherwise it appears no one got around to adding Isaac's name, which isn't particularly unusual for the last to go. Maybe there weren't any relatives living nearby to arrange it.
Researching Penge, Anerley, (incuding the Crystal Palace) and neighbouring parts of Beckenham, currently in London (Bromley), formerly Surrey and/or Kent.

Offline Wendy.M

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Burial in Farnborough Kent. 1895
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 22 February 17 06:00 GMT (UK) »
Just lovely, thank you Chris. I did search for Isaac on didn't a grave but he didn't show up.
His Son Gervais still lived at Cranbrook Cottages, Worlds End Lane, Green St Green, Orpington, in 1911 & died in1931-Bromley- which may mean anything.

The memorial mentions Isaac only as being her spouse in a calculated relationship way- as in being mentioned as the spouse of the deceased.
I'd very much like to see what can be seen of any wording on her stone. Not much mentioned in the list I posted about.

Many thanks again Chris, after finding her - after a wrongly named surname in 1851 I lost her too soon.

Wendy

P.s. I had not seen those burial registers when I looked at St.Giles, Now I find also Gervase listed.
Chester & W.Derby.Price, Ellerton.
Essex.& Bermondsey - Dansie.
Kent.- Humphrey, Bullen, Clark, Martin, Raynor.
Liverpool,-Mitchell, Rhodes,
Sussex - Tompsett, Tasker, Quinel,
Surrey.-Martin, Lambert, Devall, Phillips, Peters, Fillery, ..Cawley, Ettershank, Strath, Nourse,Tupper.