Author Topic: Public Record Office, Victoria  (Read 2364 times)

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Public Record Office, Victoria
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 16 March 17 01:15 GMT (UK) »
Just had a response to my grizzle:

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. Your comments have been sent to the web team and based on the responses we get over the next little while we will make changes to the layout of the search results and searching. We do want to ensure people find the result they want as quickly as possible.

If you are searching Wills and Probates -
 We have integrated the Wills and Probate search with the general search, so someone coming to the site can see all the records that may relate to a person, not just the records from a particular series. You can search for Wills and Probates in a single search by clicking on the 'Advanced Search' bar (top right-hand of the page), typing in the name you are after, and choosing 'Wills and Probates' from the 'Search by category' box to the right of where you typed the name. Sorting the results by date is a good way to ensure that records relating to the same person are grouped together.

Thank you for your feedback.

MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Public Record Office, Victoria
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 16 March 17 04:10 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Jomot - a much more constructive reply than I got.  I think getting some responses to the new format has helped.

Now I just need to remember where to find these instructions next time...................  ::)

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk