Author Topic: Thomas Curtin  (Read 2461 times)

Offline tmp48

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Thomas Curtin
« on: Wednesday 22 February 17 15:16 GMT (UK) »
Is this my late Uncle Tom whom I never met? He was born 14 NOV 1907 in  Caherciveen Co. Kerry.

I have a copy of the death certificate of Thomas Curtin of Knockenagle, Linton Co. Kerry. He died 10 Oct 1958 in St Vncent's Hospital Dublin aged 52. The informant was  someone from the Hospital. I'm trying to establish if he was the Thomas Curtin who married Christina Pollard in London 1931.

If anyone knows anything different please let me know.

Would he have been buried Co. Kerry or Dublin?

This is his Death Reg.
 Name   Thomas Curtin
Estimated Birth Year   abt 1906
Date of Registration   1958 - Oct-Nov-Dec[1958]
Death Age   52
Registration district   Dublin South
Volume   2
Page   364

I have all other relevant certificates relating to Thomas Curtin and Christina Pollard.

BRADY...Dublin
CONBOY...Roscommon
CURRY....Dublin
DEVINE...Dublin
McDermott...Dublin
ROONEY...Dublin
POLLARD...Dublin
QUIGLEY...Dublin
LAWLESS...Dublin
SLADE...Dorset
DAVIS...Bristol & Somerset
PERRIS...Somerset
BOARD...Somerset

Offline Gizmo678192

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Curtin
« Reply #1 on: Monday 14 August 17 22:09 BST (UK) »
My mother was a Curtin from Tournafulla Co Limerick, the home of many Curtins for some centuries. Curtin genealogy of Limerick, Kerry and Cork have all been documented in 12 large volumes available in Rockchapel resource center, Co Cork

Offline tmp48

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 14 August 17 23:25 BST (UK) »
My mother was a Curtin from Tournafulla Co Limerick, the home of many Curtins for some centuries. Curtin genealogy of Limerick, Kerry and Cork have all been documented in 12 large volumes available in Rockchapel resource center, Co Cork

I do know who his parents and siblings are, but I am in England and due to my MS I cannot travel now so I'm unable to get to Ireland to browse through those volumes, mores the pity..
BRADY...Dublin
CONBOY...Roscommon
CURRY....Dublin
DEVINE...Dublin
McDermott...Dublin
ROONEY...Dublin
POLLARD...Dublin
QUIGLEY...Dublin
LAWLESS...Dublin
SLADE...Dorset
PERRIS...Somerset
BOARD...Somerset

Offline Gizmo678192

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 15 August 17 22:46 BST (UK) »
If interested I have a very detailed and comprehensive account of the origin of the surname Curtin in the south-west of Ireland. However its only available in hard copy format.

Incidentally I have recently published a book 'From Laois to Kerry' which originated with my own family tree. While my Curtin ancestry is mentioned, it really deals with the history of another branch of my family tree in Kerry.

Offline tmp48

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 15 August 17 23:08 BST (UK) »
If interested I have a very detailed and comprehensive account of the origin of the surname Curtin in the south-west of Ireland. However its only available in hard copy format.

Incidentally I have recently published a book 'From Laois to Kerry' which originated with my own family tree. While my Curtin ancestry is mentioned, it really deals with the history of another branch of my family tree in Kerry.

Just sent you a pm.
BRADY...Dublin
CONBOY...Roscommon
CURRY....Dublin
DEVINE...Dublin
McDermott...Dublin
ROONEY...Dublin
POLLARD...Dublin
QUIGLEY...Dublin
LAWLESS...Dublin
SLADE...Dorset
PERRIS...Somerset
BOARD...Somerset

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 16 August 17 08:15 BST (UK) »
I'm trying to establish if he was the Thomas Curtin who married Christina Pollard in London 1931.

Death certificate gives him as a widower- does this fit with the information you already have?
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1958/04370/4134067.pdf
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline tmp48

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 16 August 17 13:14 BST (UK) »
I'm trying to establish if he was the Thomas Curtin who married Christina Pollard in London 1931.

Death certificate gives him as a widower- does this fit with the information you already have?
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1958/04370/4134067.pdf

Yes that's the one I have.
BRADY...Dublin
CONBOY...Roscommon
CURRY....Dublin
DEVINE...Dublin
McDermott...Dublin
ROONEY...Dublin
POLLARD...Dublin
QUIGLEY...Dublin
LAWLESS...Dublin
SLADE...Dorset
PERRIS...Somerset
BOARD...Somerset

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 16 August 17 13:38 BST (UK) »

What I'm asking if you know that your Thomas Curtin would have been a widower in 1958 (i.e. did Christina die before 1958)?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline tmp48

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 16 August 17 14:02 BST (UK) »

What I'm asking if you know that your Thomas Curtin would have been a widower in 1958 (i.e. did Christina die before 1958)?
No My aunty Christina aka Dinah, Curtin nee Pollard was very much alive in 1958 and after returning from Ireland she remarried  in London in 1961.

But I can't find any other relevant Death Registrations for Thomas Curtin.   He served in WW2 that I do know... from a Death Certificate of their son Raymond that died in Paddington Hospital London in 1940.  Thomas Francis Curtin  6982909 Fulsilier, Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers.  Raymond was born in Dublin in March 1940.
BRADY...Dublin
CONBOY...Roscommon
CURRY....Dublin
DEVINE...Dublin
McDermott...Dublin
ROONEY...Dublin
POLLARD...Dublin
QUIGLEY...Dublin
LAWLESS...Dublin
SLADE...Dorset
PERRIS...Somerset