Author Topic: Nightingale,Stiles and Dunk Family from Hawkhurst and Sandhurst Kent  (Read 503 times)

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Nightingale,Stiles and Dunk Family from Hawkhurst and Sandhurst Kent
« on: Wednesday 22 February 17 16:00 GMT (UK) »
These names are in my ancestral tree.The Nightingales were farmers and hop farmers in the area.I have done a lot of research on the Nightingales and have found some interesting stories.My gggrandfather was a John Nightingale b. 1700 the son of John and Jane Nightingale of Sandhurst.
Woukd love to share research with others .
Ringrose
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )
er(essex)Nightingale(kent Sussex)Sutton (sussex)

Offline Melbell

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Nightingale,Stiles and Dunk Family from Hawkhurst and Sandhurst Kent
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 February 17 17:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ringrose

I too have ancestors from Sandhurst, but not your names I'm afraid.

I'm replying to say that I hope that you know of the brilliant Sandhurst website www.bodiam-mill.net?

Sorry if you are already a fan of this great resource.

Best wishes,
Melbell  :)

Offline Rishile

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 26 February 17 18:15 GMT (UK) »
Ringrose - If you use Facebook it may pay you to join the group called 'Dartford Remembered'.  I have seen a lot of photos of the Dunk family on there.  There is a member there who appears to have a lot of information about them if it is the same family.

Hope this helps
Rishile
Stoneham - Kent / Essex / Herts / Bucks / Devon
Pike - Kent
Pay - Kent
Swan/Swaine - Herts / London
Bissenden - Kent
Chappell - Herts
Hammond - Essex

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 26 February 17 19:53 GMT (UK) »
Thank you...Goid idea.
Ringrose
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )
er(essex)Nightingale(kent Sussex)Sutton (sussex)