Author Topic: Can anyone read this?  (Read 4203 times)

Offline Celticcrafter

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone read this?
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 22 February 17 20:48 GMT (UK) »
thank you everyone I am going to check the name out .  She was probably a midwife, Will post what I find.

Well I couldn't find her on the 1911 census as a midwife.  However, thank you for the name.

CC
O'Farrell (Dublin) & (Westmeath) - Leonard (Dublin) - Duggan (Dublin) - Nolan (Dublin) & (Kildare) - May (Dublin) & (Manchester) - Griffin (Limerick) & (Dublin) - Doody (Dublin)- Doran (Dublin) - Flatherty (Dublin) - Ryan  - Dunne - Malone - Healy -

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 22 February 17 20:57 GMT (UK) »
She not not be an official midwife, just a women other women trusted to help, it can be worth looking at pagers before and after in the register to see if she turns up again.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 22 February 17 21:18 GMT (UK) »
No joy, looked at a good few pages each side but she didn't show up again.

Offline Celticcrafter

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 22 February 17 21:29 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Sinann I hadn't thought about doing that before.  I have quite a few Names that I have found to be midwifes on the nearest census to the birth.  However, I still have a few more that I can now check by looking at the other pages. It's not really necessary to know who these people are but it is a nice addition to the story.

Thanks S.  CC
O'Farrell (Dublin) & (Westmeath) - Leonard (Dublin) - Duggan (Dublin) - Nolan (Dublin) & (Kildare) - May (Dublin) & (Manchester) - Griffin (Limerick) & (Dublin) - Doody (Dublin)- Doran (Dublin) - Flatherty (Dublin) - Ryan  - Dunne - Malone - Healy -

Offline Celticcrafter

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 22 February 17 21:30 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Sinann I hadn't thought about doing that before.  I have quite a few Names that I have found to be midwifes on the nearest census to the birth.  However, I still have a few more that I can now check by looking at the other pages. It's not really necessary to know who these people are but it is a nice addition to the story.

Thanks S.  CC

PS I have two kitties that look like the one in your picture.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 22 February 17 21:55 GMT (UK) »

PS I have two kitties that look like the one in your picture.

Lucky you, I still miss my little darling so much, we had a lot of fun over the years.

Offline pet50ite

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 23 February 17 06:33 GMT (UK) »
I think she must have been an official midwife or nurse as when I looked up the word underneath, presculation, it refers to a limp baby with a low apgar score. 
cowan, sinnott, duffy, addi, conlon, halpin, (dublin) dowling, mcdonald, donnelly (dublin, newcastle upon tyne and tyrone)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 23 February 17 07:55 GMT (UK) »
I think she must have been an official midwife or nurse as when I looked up the word underneath, presculation, it refers to a limp baby with a low apgar score. 
???
It says Present at birth under Margaret's name. Same as several others on the page.

Offline Celticcrafter

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 23 February 17 14:28 GMT (UK) »
I don't see the word presculation. Just present at birth. Are we looking at the same record?  I didn't know this word either very interesting word I will have to watch for it in other records. Thank you for looking it up Pet50ite.

OK so how do you get to the other pages?  I am assuming we are talking about the records on the new Irish genealogy site.  I can't see a forward or back arrow anywhere on the page. 

CC