Author Topic: Reavey/Reavy Family in Vancouver BC.  (Read 1388 times)

Offline johnstonsimon

• RootsChat Extra
  • I'm originally from Manchester England.
    • View Profile
Re: Reavey/Reavy Family in Vancouver BC.
« Reply #9 on: Friday 24 February 17 03:18 GMT (UK) »
;D  ;D  ;D

OK then....I think it makes sense  ;D.

I don't know much about researching in Ireland but is the 1891 census available? Do you have the family in it?
No there isn't. Sadly many of the Irish records were either destroyed in a fire or pulped so you have to be creative with what's left.

It just occurred to me that as Isabella and George are not married then maybe the births are recorded with the maiden name so I'm going to try that. It could be that the fondness for wedding cake is not exclusive and there's a previous marriage that I've yet to find lol  ;D

Thanks for all your input  ;D ;D
From Belfast
Johnston
Hayes
Reavey/Reavy
Cassidy
Hunter
McClenney

From England
Cowlishaws
Young
Heap

Worldwide
Dabell/Middap

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 24 February 17 03:37 GMT (UK) »
Oh, too bad about the records.

Hope you find the children under Marks.
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline johnstonsimon

• RootsChat Extra
  • I'm originally from Manchester England.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 24 February 17 05:40 GMT (UK) »
Oh, too bad about the records.

Hope you find the children under Marks.
Thank you, I wish it was that easy but sadly there's no trace :D

I am wondering now if there's another marriage! ???

It's my hope if I can find any living relative with some information. I do have family in Belfast but frankly they are more stumped than I am when it comes to the Reavey connection. What I have done is send a FOI request to the Public Records Office of Northern Ireland to see if they will release some information to me. In any case, even if it turns out that my great grandmother Mary Ann Reavey is unrelated to the George Reavey who moved to Vancouver. I can give anyone interested in his life some information. Believe it or not there's another member on ancestry.com who has some of the people mentioned here, and in their tree have 'Reavy/Revie' relatives going back to 1000AD.  :o :o
From Belfast
Johnston
Hayes
Reavey/Reavy
Cassidy
Hunter
McClenney

From England
Cowlishaws
Young
Heap

Worldwide