Author Topic: Just a wee clarification  (Read 2218 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Just a wee clarification
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 11 June 17 19:49 BST (UK) »
Nice one Jim...the sleeves on the first one threw me a bit, I agree most likely Mum & Daughter.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline jim1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ain't life grand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 11 June 17 19:58 BST (UK) »
Jabot = 1870's not counting the brief comeback mid Edwardian.
Warks:Ashford;Cadby;Clarke;Clifford;Cooke Copage;Easthope;
Edmonds;Felton;Colledge;Lutwyche;Mander(s);May;Poole;Withers.
Staffs.Edmonds;Addison;Duffield;Webb;Fisher;Archer
Salop:Easthope,Eddowes,Hoorde,Oteley,Vernon,Talbot,De Neville.
Notts.Clarke;Redfearne;Treece.
Som.May;Perriman;Cox
India Kane;Felton;Cadby
London.Haysom.
Lancs.Gay.
Worcs.Coley;Mander;Sawyer.
Kings of Wessex & Scotland
Census information is Crown copyright,from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 11 June 17 20:10 BST (UK) »
Ah....okay....it must have been the son who took over who I found at the same address in 1899
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Tees

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 11 June 17 20:56 BST (UK) »
Thank all of you who replied to my query and the photos.

I am going to add the photo (badly photocopied--was told that they only have this photo as an original photo was with other relative--this was done before we have technology to scan) here to compare with a lady in the photo with a bearded gentleman to see if it is the very same person or not.

The photo was supposedly took in 1902 according to the handwritten year on it.

I am trying to figure out who's who.

The lovely photo with a lady with two daughters: this is where a disagreement come in, one branch believes it is my great-great grandmother with my great grandmother and her younger sister. The reason is that she, the mother, died in 1874 or so--must check my notes. From my memory, one relative told me that there is a mention of several curly haired females that are ginger in my lineage. This fits with my branch--but other branch disagreed saying that it is their great-great grandmother who is the second wife to my great-great grandfather and the young girls are their daughters (my great-grandmother's half-sisters).

The photo with a gentleman and a lady were supposed to be my great great grandfather and his second wife. That is why I wanted to see if we are looking at the same female or two different females--in the hope of settling the disagreement.

Now I am adding one more photo from 1902 that is supposedly the second wife with their grandson. I think it is more likely the second wife's mother with her great-grandson. I believe this lady is not the second wife? She appeared to be much older than the second wife would be in 1902?

I await your expertise and input on 1902 photo.

Thanks for your wonderful input and help. I am eager to put this disagreement to rest.

Kind regards,

Tees

Offline Tees

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 14 June 17 06:29 BST (UK) »
 Dear All of Who Replied,

I more and more think that the older girl in the photo with mother and a younger sister is my great grandmother.

I am attaching this photo to see if you would think the older girl and my great-grandmother is the same person or not?

This might solve the issue of who's who in the photos.

Thank you for your help in advance,

Tees

Offline Handypandy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 14 June 17 08:05 BST (UK) »
I have tried to enhance this a little.....

Offline jim1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ain't life grand
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 14 June 17 11:43 BST (UK) »
The girl in photo 1 looks around 5. Dated 1875-80.
The lady in question looks about 45-50. Date for this I would suggest is 1900-10.
So the girl was probably born 1870-5 & the lady in question 1850-60.
The lady with the glasses is at least a decade later than you've suggested & could easily be up to post WW1.
Warks:Ashford;Cadby;Clarke;Clifford;Cooke Copage;Easthope;
Edmonds;Felton;Colledge;Lutwyche;Mander(s);May;Poole;Withers.
Staffs.Edmonds;Addison;Duffield;Webb;Fisher;Archer
Salop:Easthope,Eddowes,Hoorde,Oteley,Vernon,Talbot,De Neville.
Notts.Clarke;Redfearne;Treece.
Som.May;Perriman;Cox
India Kane;Felton;Cadby
London.Haysom.
Lancs.Gay.
Worcs.Coley;Mander;Sawyer.
Kings of Wessex & Scotland
Census information is Crown copyright,from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Offline Tees

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 14 June 17 19:03 BST (UK) »
Hello Handypandy,

Thank you so much for your efforts in enhancing the photo! It looks much better than a photocopy itself. I do appreciate it very much!

Will share this enhanced photo with my relatives. They would appreciate it more. :)

Kind regards,

Tees

Offline Tees

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 14 June 17 19:26 BST (UK) »
Hello Jim1,

You probably would make my great-grandmum upset if she heard that you were saying that she is much older than her age!  ;D

Amazingly, you are pretty close! I think the photo was taken during the First World War. I will upload the part of this photo showing a gentleman in a military uniform that I could not make out. :(

I was trying to ask if the face of that girl and the face of my great grandmum is similar enough to be the same person or not.

I am attaching two photos for you to compare for me. Along with a gentleman so you can tell me if I think it was from First World War or my great-aunt used to say Great War.

Thank you for your kind efforts with dating and identifying their ages! Your expertise is much appreciated!!

Thank you in advance,

Tees

PS I would not trouble you again.