Author Topic: Lucy New (wife of Daniel New of Newbury)  (Read 668 times)

Offline candrjm

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lucy New (wife of Daniel New of Newbury)
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 14 March 17 15:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jan,

Looks like you were right in thinking that Thomas & Lucy had more children, Here's what I have been able to find in the parish records for St Nicolas Newbury.

No Baptism found for Sarah but she died in 1822
Burial: 9/3/1822 Sarah Wootton aged 7 yrs 3 months daughter of Thomas & Lucy Wootton

Baptism: 17/7/1816 Mary daughter of Thomas & Lucy Wootton of Newbury (father's occ: Potter)
Burial:30/12/1816 Mary Ann Wootton aged 6 months daughter of Thomas & Lucy Wootton

Baptism:26/12/1817 Elizabeth daughter of Thomas & Lucy Wootton of Newbury (father's occ: Staffordshire Ware Man)
Burial: 8/4/1818 Elizabeth Wootton aged 4 months daughter of Thomas & Lucy Wootton

Baptism: 10/3/1819 Jane daughter of Thomas & Lucy Wootton of Newbury (father's occ: Earthen Ware Man)

Baptism: 25/12/1822 Clara daughter of Thomas & Lucy Wootton of Newbury (father's occ: Potter)
Burial: 3/11/1823 Clare (should be Clara) Wootton aged 11 months daughter of Thomas & Lucy Wootton

Baptism: 6/3/1825 Caroline daughter of Thomas & Lucy Wootton of Newbury (father's occ: Staffordshire Ware Man)
Burial: 6/10/1827 Caroline Wootton aged 2 yrs 7 months daughter of Thomas & Lucy Wootton (Now New).

The library also has a copy of the original 1815 Toomers census so I had a quick look and Thomas Wootton is recorded as aged 39 yrs old, also living in the same household were James Brindley aged 18yrs and William Brindley aged 22 yrs.

Chris

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline janjim

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lucy New (wife of Daniel New of Newbury)
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 14 March 17 19:48 GMT (UK) »
Chris,
Thank you so much for all of this information, how very sad, giving birth to all these children and then losing them at such a young age.
I will note all of this down in my records now.
Regards
Jan
New, Thorn, Bird, Ruffey, Bosley, Belcher- Newbury Berkshire
Haynes/Haines - Much Birch Herefordshire, Monmouth Wales
Kearn/Watkins- Llanllwchaiarn/Newtown, Wales, Tyberton, Herefordshire
Gwilliam - Monmouth Wales, Herefordshire
Collier, Jackson - Salford, Manchester Lancashire
Saunders - Middlesex, Devon
Benson - Edinburgh, Scotland
Callander - Falkirk, Scotland
Ambrose - Liverpool, Manchester Lancashire, Canada
Timms, Elliman - Oxfordshire, Warwickshire
Ellison - Manchester/Portsmouth Hampshir

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.