Author Topic: Thomas Ainslie  (Read 423 times)

Offline John Cullum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Thomas Ainslie
« on: Tuesday 28 February 17 07:26 GMT (UK) »
This is as much as I know......
Thomas Ainslie born illegit. To Mary Ainslie on 26.08.1880 3pm 🙂 at Denhead Village (North Town), St. Andrews, Fife, Aberdeenshire.   Fathers name left blank?
Before Mary went on to marry Robert Barclay and have another family she, for whatever reason, decided to have Thomas baptised at St. Cuthberts, Carham, Northumberland just south of the border.
I have a date of 25.11.1883 and registers entry no. 456 which details mother Mary as a"single woman" living at Presson Mill with her son Thomas?
I can't trace this document and would appreciate any help in doing so, as a means to trying to identify the father of Thomas.When Thomas married and died no father was identified but he named one of his children George Birnie Esslemont Ainslie which seems strange unless he , a prominent politician was the father? I am at a loss and the reason for my search is that George Birnie Esslemont Ainslie is my wife's grandfather, if anyone can help you guys can Tia x

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Ainslie
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 February 17 23:20 GMT (UK) »
I don't seem to be able to access the Bishops Transcripts or familysearchorg tonight,but I suggest you look there first for the baptism if you can view them
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,