Author Topic: Margaret Sullivan - Immigration  (Read 904 times)

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Irish Nutter on the Hunt for Rellies :-)
    • View Profile
Margaret Sullivan - Immigration
« on: Tuesday 28 February 17 20:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone!

Searching for an immigration record for my great-aunt, Margaret Sullivan. She was born in Tipperary, Ireland in 1894 to John Sullivan & Bridget Walsh.

Immigrated between 1901-1917, as she married James Penny on April 10th 1917 in New York (have the marriage cert). Know all about her life in America from her marriage to her death, but it's just her immigration that I need some fresh eyes on.

Thanks in Advance,
Annie
The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Tighe in Victoria, Australia.

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Sullivan - Immigration
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 February 17 21:19 GMT (UK) »
In case it helps anyone looking, here are previous threads that mentions this couple - http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=384914.0 
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=599028.0

The 1920 census gives Margaret's immigration as 1910, and the 1930 census gives it as 1913.

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 02 March 17 18:33 GMT (UK) »
I did a search for a Margaret Sullivan/O'Sullivan born around 1894 and immigration from 1910-1917, but couldn't find a thing. I went through a heap of passenger listings for New York but nothing showed up that was her  :(
The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 02 March 17 19:04 GMT (UK) »
Did you try checking other ports?  Philadelphia and Boston were commonly used then, and sometimes people sailed through Canada because it was cheaper. 

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 02 March 17 20:04 GMT (UK) »
Nothing for Boston or PA...Heading for Canada next  :)