Author Topic: Does anyone have access to parish records for Lampeter circa 1778 ?  (Read 196 times)

Offline DSR

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Does anyone have access to parish records for Lampeter circa 1778 ?
« on: Wednesday 01 March 17 12:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi

A longshot I know, but can anyone help with the following :

I'm looking into a female named Lucretia who died in Lampeter sometime between 12 Jan- 20th April 1778.

I'm interested in her surname (possibly Williams), the name of her daughter and a more exact date of death or burial. 

I wondered if she may reside in someone's family tree.

As this is not research into a family tree, I have no other relevant genealogical family information to help narrow things down.

Many thanks.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have access to parish records for Lampeter circa 1778 ?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 March 17 13:42 GMT (UK) »
A straw to clutch at,
Familysearch has a marriage in Lampeter 11 Dec 1753 of a Lucretia Rees to Thos. David.

Any names you find will most likely be patronymic which can be very confusing.

Mike

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline DSR

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have access to parish records for Lampeter circa 1778 ?
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 March 17 14:33 GMT (UK) »
A straw to clutch at,
Familysearch has a marriage in Lampeter 11 Dec 1753 of a Lucretia Rees to Thos. David.

Any names you find will most likely be patronymic which can be very confusing.

Mike

Hi Mike

I have just found the information in a primary source hidden away in an annotation under the spline of the binding. And indeed, patronymic does not help when trying to work out kinship patterns !