Author Topic: Welsh/clark  (Read 4513 times)

Offline steph_uk2005

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Welsh/clark
« on: Friday 03 March 17 22:32 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for anyone who may know the Welsh family from cumbusnethan or the Clark family from Dalziel-in particular William Joseph Welsh(born 1938) who married Mary Clark(born 1936) in 1957. They moved down to London and had 1 son together.
I believe William had a sister called Anne & brother called Nicholas. Mary had a brother called Frank.
Thank you

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Welsh/clark
« Reply #1 on: Friday 03 March 17 23:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi

It's likely that some (or all) of the people you mention could still be alive.

Rootschat has a no living persons policy so their names should be removed as we would be unable to post any information unless they were deceased

http://www.rootschat.com/help/posting_guide.php

Please do not post requests asking for help to find (possibly) living relatives or friends.
RootsChat is a forum for searching for ancestors. Anything posted on the internet is in the public domain where anybody can see this information. To protect people and their identities we do not encourage the posting of information about people who are or maybe still living.
Even with permission from the subject of a post we would seriously advise against giving too much information as to betray their identity.

You can find some tips for searching for living people on these RootsChat topics:
RootsChat Topic: Searching for living relatives and Rootschat
RootsChat Topic: Tracing Living Relatives
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline steph_uk2005

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 04 March 17 03:47 GMT (UK) »
Both William & Mary are deceased.i am looking for anyone who knows more about them
William died in 2001
Mary died in 1982

Offline steph_uk2005

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 04 March 17 03:54 GMT (UK) »
Also Anne & Nicholas are deceased.
I'm trying to trace this family history

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 07 March 17 10:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Steph,

Do you have details of Anne and Nicholas' parents I am guessing that you are researching backwards ?

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline steph_uk2005

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 07 March 17 14:56 GMT (UK) »
I've got very little info on Anne & Nicholas.i believe they may also have a sister called Mary but I'm struggling to find all this out.
I know Williams dad was called William & his mum Annie but can't find his siblings details. William seniors parents were Nicholas & Catherine (previous surname Campbell),they had 5 children in total-Catherine,Nicholas,Mary,James & William.
It's so interesting but at times so frustrating & draining.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 08 March 17 08:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi ,

If you order the 1957 marriage certificate of William Welsh and Mary Clark that will give you both sets of parents names.
https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/

You can then look for the marriage of William Welsh and Annie ?(this one will be available to download).

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 08 March 17 08:55 GMT (UK) »
William seniors parents were Nicholas & Catherine (previous surname Campbell),they had 5 children in total-Catherine,Nicholas,Mary,James & William.

ScotlandsPeople has a marriage for a Nicholas Welsh / Catherine Campbell 1890 Cambusnethan Lanark(shire).

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline steph_uk2005

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 08 March 17 09:24 GMT (UK) »
That's brilliant thank you.
I already have the marriage certificate of William & Mary.thats how I was able to find the parents names.
However whilst the Welsh side is easier to trace,I am really struggling with the Clark side.the copy of the marriage certificate is very difficult to read so I'm struggling with Mary's mums maiden name in order to research their marriage.
Thank you for your help.