Author Topic: McLelland family Bushmills ,Antrim area.  (Read 2924 times)

Offline Rayjamgor

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
McLelland family Bushmills ,Antrim area.
« on: Saturday 04 March 17 11:20 GMT (UK) »
I have a Neil McLelland born 1896 according to the 1901 and 1911 Ireland census in the Bushmills area . Neil ended up in Scotland but looking for any info in the rest of the family as not much else is known .
Gordon, Taylor , Little, Clark, McInnes/McGinnes ,Roch,Roche, Millar/Miller, Welsh,Walsh, Stewart, Kennedy, McDonald, Brown, McLachlan , Orr, McMillan, McDonagh, Middleton, Robertson, Livingstone, Duff, Hunter, McClean, Campbell, Brown ,Cummings ,Roy, Wade ,Smith , Kelly,Kennedy,McDonald.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: McLelland family Bushmills ,Antrim area.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 04 March 17 11:33 GMT (UK) »
You can post links to the family from the Ireland Census.
Is this them?
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Antrim/Bushmills/Bushmills_Town__part_of_/943494/

Offline Rayjamgor

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 04 March 17 11:44 GMT (UK) »
Yeah thats them , i have Neil as a farm servant in 1911 at Feigh ,Dunseverick living with the Wallace family. He served during the War apparently .
Gordon, Taylor , Little, Clark, McInnes/McGinnes ,Roch,Roche, Millar/Miller, Welsh,Walsh, Stewart, Kennedy, McDonald, Brown, McLachlan , Orr, McMillan, McDonagh, Middleton, Robertson, Livingstone, Duff, Hunter, McClean, Campbell, Brown ,Cummings ,Roy, Wade ,Smith , Kelly,Kennedy,McDonald.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 04 March 17 11:51 GMT (UK) »
Yeah thats them , i have Neil as a farm servant in 1911 at Feigh ,Dunseverick living with the Wallace family. He served during the War apparently .

www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Antrim/Dunseverick/Feigh__alias_Dunseverick/114328
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 04 March 17 11:53 GMT (UK) »
Possible birth if census details are correct-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1895/02209/1834114.pdf

You can use the site to search for details of parents, siblings, etc.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 04 March 17 12:21 GMT (UK) »

Offline Rayjamgor

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 05 March 17 10:49 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the help , lots of kids . Now know Neills mothers name was Mary McDonald and was Scottish ,cheers.

Offline Alma

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 15 February 18 20:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello,  I have just seen this message - I suspect there may be a connection with my family - although the spelling of the Surnames differs.  I have James McClelland & Catherine Allan McClelland living The Feigh, Dunseverick where they had 2 children William Brown McClelland in 1868 and Charles in 1869. They also had a daughter Sarah born 1858 in Bushmills. Sarah was to become my g.grandmother.  A James & Catherine may have married in May 1854 Middle or New Parish, Greenock, Renfrewshire, Scotland (Catherine Allan & James McLellan) - son James born 1866 in Renfrewshire but I don't know if this couple were the parents of Sarah, William & Charles.   James McClelland was a fisherman.  I have spent considerable time trying to trace details on this family -  There is a death of a James McClelland 78 years in 1899 Dunseverick, a labourer & married (son James present at death) and death of a Catherine McClelland in 1907 (in Portrush) widow of a fisherman & she appears to have had a daughter Jane who married John McFadden in 1874 Parish of Ballintoy.  Jane's father was "James", a labourer.   Again these deaths may not be those of "my" James & Catherine - and the children appear to have dropped off the radar..  I'd appreciate some advice on further ways to research this family!   Thank you.    Alma

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 16 February 18 11:03 GMT (UK) »
a daughter Jane who married John McFadden in 1874 Parish of Ballintoy
Looks like Jane & John McFadden-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Antrim/Portrush_Urban/Main_Street/932264
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Antrim/Portrush_Town/Main_Street/131134

A James McClelland with daughter Catherine- right age to be James born 1866 Scotland-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Antrim/Bushmills/Bushmills_Town__part_of_/943494
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Antrim/Bushmills/Bushmills_town__part_of_/127222

If you think these are the correct family then I can post more  ;)