Author Topic: Unknown death of William Hague in Rotherham (about 1950)  (Read 562 times)

Offline Jesstheoctopi

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Unknown death of William Hague in Rotherham (about 1950)
« on: Saturday 04 March 17 20:45 GMT (UK) »
I am struggling to find any information relating to his William Hague's death. All I know is that he was married to an Annie Nixon and they had 2 daughters (Patricia and Jean) and a son (Leonard).

All my grandmother (William's granddaughter) can tell me is that whenever she asked about his death she got told that she would be told at another time. This now makes her think that there was something strange about his death.

Any information or help would be greatly appreciated.
Harvey, Hawes, Theaker, Senior, Watkin, Slack, Simmons, Hague, Hillery, Graver, Houldershaw, Catchpole, Nixon, Evison, Weeden/Weedon.

Offline Sunlaws

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Unknown death of William Hague in Rotherham (about 1950)
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 04 March 17 20:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Octopi

The most likely death in FreeBMD appears to be for a William Hague whose death was registered in Rotherham in the September Quarter of 1952. He was aged 38.
If you order the death certificate (you can do it online at https://www.gov.uk/order-copy-birth-death-marriage-certificate) the cause of death will be given on it. This service costs £9.25 When ordering you will have the opportunity to supply other details confirming you have the right person.
Regards,
Lesley
Bradley, Gledhill, Dodson, Norcliffe, Kaye, Matthewman- all Berry Brow/Almondbury
Webster- Northowram
Brick wall: Maria Blaymires  c 1800 Northowram

Offline anpefa1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 04 March 17 21:30 GMT (UK) »
hello octopi

assuming that he was 20ish when he married in 1934 died September 1952 age 38 as quoted by Sunlaws, the reference from freeBMD to order the certificate is district Rotherham, quarter 3 volume 2c page 475.

good luck

Tony

uk. beale, bateman, buss, bacon, pratt, purssell, reynolds, stamford, sumpter, sailsbury, turner, white nee phillips.
eire. carroll, connor, cronin, daly, fellowes, fitzgerald, gaynor, girvan, keogh, meade, moroney, reilly, whelan, white, winterlich.
scotland: mcavoy

Offline Jesstheoctopi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 04 March 17 21:59 GMT (UK) »
I will have to look into buying the death record. Thank you for the help.
Harvey, Hawes, Theaker, Senior, Watkin, Slack, Simmons, Hague, Hillery, Graver, Houldershaw, Catchpole, Nixon, Evison, Weeden/Weedon.