Author Topic: Houldershaw Family  (Read 2448 times)

Offline GavinoStefano

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Houldershaw Family
« Reply #9 on: Monday 06 March 17 10:54 GMT (UK) »
I'm glad I setup a Google Alert for my family name a few years ago. It pointed me to this forum last night, and you are indeed asking of my Great Grandparents.

Attached is the Screen Shot of the branches you're looking for on ancestry.co.uk.

Offline Jesstheoctopi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 06 March 17 21:31 GMT (UK) »
They are my 3rd great grandparents (if I am right). I'll attach a screenshot of what I currently have.
Harvey, Hawes, Theaker, Senior, Watkin, Slack, Simmons, Hague, Hillery, Graver, Houldershaw, Catchpole, Nixon, Evison, Weeden/Weedon.

Offline GavinoStefano

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 06 March 17 21:55 GMT (UK) »
Awesome. So I think that would make us 2nd cousins once removed? I think that's how it works. You must be one generation young than I.

I'm afraid I have only followed back what I can work out without paying for anything. So no actual documentary evidence apart from what other people have done.

However, how far back have you been able to trace the Houldershaws. I think the earliest record I found was in the mid 1700s. That was pretty cool, because I'd found the birth place of Lawson Houldershaw's father, I think, and I thought it was the name of a village in Notts. I looked on Google Earth, and it's actually just a house in the middle of nowhere. It was a few years ago I was looking, but I think it was called something like Garwick.

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 06 March 17 22:51 GMT (UK) »

Offline Jesstheoctopi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 06 March 17 22:59 GMT (UK) »
You are two generations above me I think, making us 2nd cousins twice removed. I haven't traced very far on the Houldershaw side but I have done a bit on the Weeden side. I've never paid for anything but I have found that the app versions of Ancestry let you see more information from any records than the web version does so that's how I've been able to get as far as I have.
Harvey, Hawes, Theaker, Senior, Watkin, Slack, Simmons, Hague, Hillery, Graver, Houldershaw, Catchpole, Nixon, Evison, Weeden/Weedon.