Author Topic: Tate , father of twins born 1921.  (Read 1997 times)

Offline Jules Walsh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tate , father of twins born 1921.
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 05 March 17 18:07 GMT (UK) »
Thank you  :)
Tricky to get information as my dad was an only child, and he passed away 16 years ago x

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 05 March 17 18:15 GMT (UK) »
You will need to buy a copy of the 1911 marriage cert to establish William Tate's age/occupation/fathers name

Have you looked for the family on the 1939 register which may help with a birthyear for him
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 05 March 17 18:22 GMT (UK) »
Using Horsham RD as that seems to be where marriage/births etc were registered - there is a death in 1960 for a William Tate b 1888 - a bit younger than Margaret

Births December qtr 1887 
William Tate Horsham    2b   320

He is living in the Horsham RD in 1901 - all b Rudgwick except mum Kate

William Tate   46 - boot & shoe maker
Kate     35 b Brighton
William     13 b Rudgwick
Harold     11
Kate          7
Claudy       5
John     3
RG13 Piece 952 Folio 40 Page 3

You still need that 1911 cert to see if age and fathers details match up
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Ancfam23

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 22 October 17 05:12 BST (UK) »
This TATE family is in my ancestry.  My husband's grandfather was Harold Tate, brother to William Tate who had two sets of twins.
I have some info on him but haven't expanded it as I am concentrating on more direct lines.
I have his date of birth listed for 1888 and marrying MArgaret Louise Ferrier. 

The twins in question are Patience and Prudence born 7.7.1921 in Horsham.

I do have a newspaper clipping (somewhere I hope) where my husband's mother (Margaret Eleanor Tate - Margot) was an attendant at one of the twins' weddings.

William's father was a shoe maker. Harold was a carpenter and started a brickworks - Rudgwick Brickyard, and I do know that William worked for him for a time.  All the Tate brothers were in the Rudgwick Silver Band that won several medals at competitions.  At WW1 the whole band enlisted together.

Malcolm Francis, who is a very active member of the Rudgwick Preservation Society is married to the great niece of both William and Harold and they still live in Rudgwick.  Malcolm's grandfather was also in the band and his father worked for the Brickyard.

Rachael is the oldest child of William and Margaret, born 28.5.1912, then a first set of twins - Mabel Joan and William Geoffrey, born 2.1.1915, then Molly who was born and died in 1919, and then Patience and Prudence.

Patience died in 1953 and Prue in 2005.  Margot passed away in 2009.  I have the names of who they married and the year of marriage.

Margot married Percival William Longman in 1941 and emigrated to Australia in 1951 and there are now children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.

Offline paul.barnes

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 08 December 17 20:43 GMT (UK) »
Rachael tate married Robert Houston and they had seven children  june,ian,susan,angus,sheila,hazel, and Margaret who is my mother she often talked of patience and pru

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 13 February 18 21:56 GMT (UK) »
i hink it vrery strsnge that you can have twins but their birthdays are a day apart because one can be born midnight one day and the other can be born 12.30 a.m the start of the day following has anyone had such a thing turn yp in their family trees? how did yu find out and what was your reaction when you realised why it stated threy were twin with different birthdates
Scotlandorkney flett bell, strickland laird traillcalqahoun.
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet