Author Topic: William Clancy 1768  (Read 446 times)

Offline Lori77

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Clancy 1768
« on: Sunday 05 March 17 22:26 GMT (UK) »
My husband's family came over from Ireland about 1795. He came with a cousin or brother James. William was born in about 1768.He was apprenticed as a Weaver.  He left from Belfast on a ship and arrived in St John's Canada. Stayed for 2 yrs and left for NY. What I have says he is from Queens County. I can find nothing on him over in Ireland and I have no clue how to move forward. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Maggsie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: William Clancy 1768
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 March 17 09:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
a bit of tough one, did William marry and if he did it state his Fathers name.
Queens County is now called County Laois.
Maggsie

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Lori77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: William Clancy 1768
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 March 17 17:34 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your response! I know William was born in 1768 in Laois Ireland. He was placed under bond of 21 Guineas paid down by his father at the time the bond was filed. For 7 yrs to ensure completion of the apprenticeship. He left from Belfast in 1795 landing in St Johns where he worked in fishing . He went to Albany Ny in arounmd 1797 or 1798. He married Johanna Anna Sharp in 1801 in Albany NY.  They had 7 children. THEY MOVED TO Canada 1802 as their son George was born in Camden East, Ontario,  Canada. This is all I have from Ireland and his first yrs in North America.