Author Topic: john kepe/keep  (Read 934 times)

Offline jacquelinekeep

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
john kepe/keep
« on: Sunday 05 March 17 22:29 GMT (UK) »
is there anyone who could help me, i am stuck with my family tree. i have got back to john kepe/keep from berkshire but i cannot get any further back, i am trying to find his father. john's spouse was alice, she was from wantage as was john. they had three children, john keep b. 1545......alice keep b. 1548.....annis keep 1550-1593. thank you for any help. best wishes jackie keep.
keep-berkshire
millard-southampton
mathews-southampton

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: john kepe/keep
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 March 17 17:19 GMT (UK) »
There is some information on FreeREG for this family, and also some trees on line. Some trees have John's father as William Keep with mother Isabella Etton, but you would need to check this out as quite often on line trees can have incorrect information in them. FreeREG has a John marrying an Elizabeth ? 16/11/1574 so could be the son-this is Wantage. Alice was baptised 3/5/1548 Wantage, Annis Keepe was baptised 16/9/1550-there is an Annis Keepe marrying a John Pratt 1/7/1593, but I believe that you have your Annis as dying in that year. There is also a Jhone Keepe with parents John and Alice baptised 6/1/1540 so she would have been the first born, and they may well have married round about 1539 at a guess.
regards.
Essex/Dorset/Berks

Offline jacquelinekeep

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 09 March 17 21:29 GMT (UK) »
hello paco, thank you very much for your reply. i will look into the names you gave me, again thanks...jackie
keep-berkshire
millard-southampton
mathews-southampton

Offline newburychap

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 09 March 17 22:26 GMT (UK) »
There is also a Jhone Keepe with parents John and Alice baptised 6/1/1540 so she would have been the first born, and they may well have married round about 1539 at a guess.
I fail to see the logic here? As virtually no records exist prior to 1538 there could have been half a dozen children born earlier that we would not know about until they married or died - and that would have to be somewhere where the PRs have survived.
Latest project - www.westberkshirewarmemorials.org.uk
Currently researching:<br /> Newbury pubs  & inns - the buildings, breweries and publican families.
Member of Newbury District Field Club - www.ndfc.org.uk

Offline jacquelinekeep

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 13 March 17 17:10 GMT (UK) »
thank you paco.......best wishes jackie
keep-berkshire
millard-southampton
mathews-southampton