Author Topic: Charles William Snook photo album  (Read 10220 times)

Offline John Athelstan Bessell-Br

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Charles William Snook photo album
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 04 September 18 08:47 BST (UK) »
Thankyou Cell for those interesting snapshots of the album. It looks to be in very good condition. I should be able to send you my address and phone number on the private site.
Cheers,
John

Online sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 04 September 18 09:35 BST (UK) »
Hi John,

You are looking for the dark round button below cells profile name, it is on the right if you hover over it the button will show its name as a private message.

Nice to see the photo's Cell :D

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Cell

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Two words that can change the world "Thank You"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 04 September 18 09:54 BST (UK) »
Pm's Done :)
Thanks Sarah, I thought I'd upload them too to the post , just to preserve them -because if anyone in the future from extended, or close family is looking for their history too , they can copy the above photos ( although they are very small files)
Kind Regards
Census information in my posts are crown copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.u

Offline Cell

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 11 September 18 02:27 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I was just wrapping up the book( I'll get to the PO tommorrow to post it )  - and was taking some decent photos of it just to store on my computer away before wrapping it up, when I  noticed that one of the postcards has writing on the back - I can't pull it off without ruining it as it's stuck down firmly in the middle of the postcard, but I can read a couple of the lines on the bottom of it.
Something about Loch Lomond and it is signed from Aunty Hilda - so whoever album this belonged to was , or is (if alive) probably a niece or nephew to Charles Snook and Hilda .
 The written address part of the card reads Vermont Victoria. -I can't read above that ( the full address) as it's stuck.
When you get the album you may want to see if you can remove the cards to check the backs, I know I would! ( it's killing me not being able to get the card off to read what the letter says lol). - Maybe a museum can offer you advice on how to remove them safetly without damaging the backs of them. Exciting that there is actually a letter there from Hilda.
Kind Regards
Ps
 The letter is on the back of the bottom left photocard on the page that is marked kyles of Bute( when you go to look for it ). Hopefully some of the others have letters too -I can't tell as most are stuck down solid around the edges. This one was loose at the bottom of the card, so could just peer around the edge
Kind Regards

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 11 September 18 02:37 BST (UK) »
What a treasure you have found Cell. So nice of you to save it and return it to where it belongs. I'm glad that John has found you and is so interested to claim his family photos. A great story.

Offline Cell

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 11 September 18 03:53 BST (UK) »
What a treasure you have found Cell. So nice of you to save it and return it to where it belongs. I'm glad that John has found you and is so interested to claim his family photos. A great story.
I am excited that I have just discovered a letter from Hilda on the back of one and they're not even my family lol. ;D

The album has just been gathering dust for the past year. I hate to see things such as this thrown out, probably because I'd love to find some of my old  family stuff - wouldn't we all?
Kind Regards