Author Topic: birth father Bayliss  (Read 6933 times)

Offline robandi

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: birth father
« Reply #27 on: Monday 03 April 17 04:35 BST (UK) »
thank you i will try them
Skedgwell-NZ Devon Eng world
Hendrick NZ
Newell-Thaxted Eng NZ
Bonnick Matilda- Coventry Warwickshire
Taylor Henry Edward-Coventry Warwickshire
Bonnick Thomas-Launton, Bedfordshire, England
Newton Elizabeth- Atherstone, Warwickshire, Eng
Fuller Alfred Ernest-NZ
Fuller Walter-Sussex England
Ward Mary Anne

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • If only they could talk !
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 03 April 17 05:30 BST (UK) »

....EDIT.....
Magistrates orders relating to maintenance matters were often reported in the newspapers. Might be something in a district newspaper.........maybe during 12 months after birth?

The TRUTH was the paper that specialized in reporting court cases across the country, but because you are wanting to research the 1950's the content will not be on line, so you would have to locate a Library that has copies, or micro film thereof, that might be read on their premises.

- Alan.
Early Settlers & Heritage. Family History.

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 03 April 17 10:09 BST (UK) »
Can you confirm please, with regard to your father...........your mother was uncertain of his name.....and successfully sued him for maintenance, which he paid regularly.

And you received this information directly from your mother when you were about 15 years old.

So your mother must have known his name in order to take the matter to court, and for a magistrate to make an order for maintenance?

How old was your mother when you were born?  Was your mother single?

When did you mother subsequently marry....how long after your birth?.

Offline robandi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 03 April 17 13:05 BST (UK) »
hi Viven

my mother saw my father collecting mail using the name stewart/stuart Bayliss

yes she sued for maintenance at Kaitaia which he irregularly paid

I was 15 when I found out but I was not interested in knowing who he was or wanted any further information until much later and by then she could not remember

mum was 21 when she had me and was single, 12 months later she married my step father

I have attempted to get a researcher in Kaitaia to check the Northland age but as of this time I have not been successful

I may need to go up there and look for myself, the Northland age started in the the early 1900s i have contacted them and they say that they have an archive that can be searched
Dianna
Hendrick NZ
Newell-Thaxted Eng NZ
Fuller Alfred Ernest-NZ
Ward Mary Anne

Offline robandi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 01 June 17 08:46 BST (UK) »
Hi There
sorry that i havent been talking to any one for a few weeks as i have a blood clot in my lungs so have not been doing anything much

i am going up to Kaitaia  this weekend and going to be researching into the Northland Age news paper. The lovely lady that i spoke to today say they have and archive that i can look in for Magistrates orders relating to maintenance matters which were often ?? reported in the newspapers
my question is, is there anywhere else i can look for information while i am up there

also can anyone either tell me or direct me to where i can go to find about the privacy laws regarding information that has  100 year embargo on it, i have had so  may different versions about it, the one that i am interested in finding out about is
if the embargoed  information directly concerns you that you can access it can i or not
thanks Dianna
Hendrick NZ
Newell-Thaxted Eng NZ
Fuller Alfred Ernest-NZ
Ward Mary Anne

Offline whiteout7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 01 June 17 09:31 BST (UK) »
Have you tried this page, incase anyone else in NZ is looking?
https://web.facebook.com/groups/ReconnectFREE/?hc_location=ufi

If you ever do a DNA profile, maybe these NZ and AU people could help you?
https://web.facebook.com/groups/400009620157960/?hc_location=ufi

If your birthfather was using two names he may have been a stepson? Or adopted himself? You may need DNA matches to be sure about the right birthfather,even a match to a 1st cousin/2nd cousin may lead to him.

Generally where the 100 year privacy law is used they will not release the information so I wouldn't worry about it.  (you will just get a refusal - keep trying!)
Wemyss/Crombie/Laing/Blyth (West Wemyss)
Givens/Normand (Dysart)
Clark/Lister (Dysart)
Wilkinson/Simson (Kettle or Kettlehill)

Offline robandi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 01 June 17 11:55 BST (UK) »
I have not ruled out this man out Stewart B died Auckland 1996? but not sure how to proceed from here i have got a copy the obituary for him
This man would have been about 33 in 1951 and about 100 now.
i have looked at the electrol rolls and he seems to be the most likely candidate as he was a cook/chef 
this age seems about right as mum said she thought he was about 10 years older than her and she was 20 when i was conceived
Hendrick NZ
Newell-Thaxted Eng NZ
Fuller Alfred Ernest-NZ
Ward Mary Anne

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 02 June 17 02:08 BST (UK) »
I have not ruled out this man out ...... B died Auckland 1996? but not sure how to proceed from here i have got a copy the obituary for him
This man would have been about 33 in 1951 and about 100 now.

i have looked at the electrol rolls and he seems to be the most likely candidate as he was a cook/chef 
this age seems about right as mum said she thought he was about 10 years older than her and she was 20 when i was conceived

Hello Robandi

I hope you are now on the road to recovery.  :)

I am just going to take issue though with some of what you've reported above in respect of the man  "B" (and I've deliberately removed his christian name - although he is the man shown as having died in 1996 in a following post ).

I think you need to read back over this thread (especially re: "B") - as well as the messages which have been sent to you via the PM facility here.

You say you have "looked at the electrol (sic) rolls" .... and "he seems to be the most likely candidate as he was a cook/chef".

If I'm not mistaken, it was I who sent you via PM,  detailed electoral roll information for the man "Bayliss" ... and suggested "he seemed the most likely candidate" due to his occupation and the places he resided.  Further info however revealed that was known to his family by his first given name. ?     This was not information about "B" (who resided in Wellington with his wife from 1946 until about 1972.)

~   Lu

Offline robandi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 02 June 17 02:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Lu
after you gave me this info i checked out the electrol rolls for myself going back to year before my birth
the bentley that resided in wellington was a customs clerk in 1953 who appears to have worked his way up to company director prior to his death

i am not sure how to identify what is a personal message and what is an ordinary message

i reread everything last night as i am going to kaitaia tommorrow to research the  court reports, hopefully they were reported on in the newspaper the northland age, so i reread all of the posts then in the hope that there was something that i might have missed and that i could have other lines of research while up there
thank you for your help
Hendrick NZ
Newell-Thaxted Eng NZ
Fuller Alfred Ernest-NZ
Ward Mary Anne