Author Topic: James Mclaughlin  (Read 1305 times)

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
  • Annie McLaughlin (Mcloughlin) & James Harkin
    • View Profile
James Mclaughlin
« on: Monday 06 March 17 22:09 GMT (UK) »
Looking for James born Scotland 1897?   Father Patrick born buncrana donegal 1873!  Limited information I know but   the information I found is based on the Irish census of 1901 name spelt mcloughlin
                                                                                                                            Thanks little annie
McCallion ,Harkin,McLaughlin, Doherty,(Donegal Derry) McDaid (Donegal /Derry) Foote,Wade, Cogan/Goggin swiney sweeney ,O'Connor/Connor cork/abbeyfeale Limerick.

Offline doddsie4

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Mclaughlin
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 30 March 17 12:32 BST (UK) »
      Message cancelled.     

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 30 March 17 18:52 BST (UK) »
If the family were in Ireland in 1901 you are not going to find James on a Scottish census.

the information I found is based on the Irish census of 1901 name spelt mcloughlin

What information do you have to confirm the James McLoughlin you found is James McLaughlin who is the subject of your post?

Have you looked for a birth on Scotlands People?  7 entries for McLaughlin between 1896-1897 but none for McLoughlin
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 30 March 17 20:17 BST (UK) »
Hello Carol W
I was not working on the basis of James in the Scottish Census of 1901 I should have been more clear!  They are both in Donegal visiting or living in the family home spelt Clunagh (cleenagh) no mother / wife present when taken.
Unable to find them on 1911 but the family name reverts to Mclaughlin, as I found out with other family members with the same name etc
So both are a mystery to me where they went after 1901, I'm presuming they went back to Scotland but??  so I hope I made things a little clearer or not      ::)
                                                      Thanks little annie
McCallion ,Harkin,McLaughlin, Doherty,(Donegal Derry) McDaid (Donegal /Derry) Foote,Wade, Cogan/Goggin swiney sweeney ,O'Connor/Connor cork/abbeyfeale Limerick.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 30 March 17 20:35 BST (UK) »
How have you determined his father was Patrick?  The 1901 entry shows Patrick as unmarried and the same for all other children?

Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 30 March 17 20:48 BST (UK) »
That's a bit of a stupid mistake 😁 never bothered going into house holders return I just worked on the age of Patrick!!  So who is James parents?  it's never straight forward finding these mclaughlins ah well the search goes on, thanks for noticing my little error CaroleW ;-)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 30 March 17 20:55 BST (UK) »
So who is James parents?

What do you know about him?  How does he fit into your ancestry?

Offline doddsie4

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 30 March 17 21:39 BST (UK) »
Could you say the name of Patrick's wife?      Even just her first name...      Could you also mention what Patrick worked at?       A tiny clue could go a long way to finding out more information in Scotland.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 30 March 17 21:47 BST (UK) »
Was Patrick the 'Head' on 1901 &/or was there no mention of 'relationship' given?

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"