Author Topic: Help Needed Regarding A Lady KATHLEEN HILDA GOULD  (Read 1152 times)

Offline colette

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Help Needed Regarding A Lady KATHLEEN HILDA GOULD
« on: Tuesday 07 March 17 16:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi I need to help trying to find out what became of a lady..The Lady in question was KATHLEEN HILDA GOULD born Essex England 1903.she married my Grandfather's cousin CHARLES EDWARD PRATT in St John Vancouver in Dec 1938, he was killed in a place called Midge Creek Nelson in July 1940 fire fighting when a tree fell on him, they would have only had a year and a half together before his death but possible to have had a child..

I don't have access to Canadian records to help me..maybe she remarried and would be Kathleen Hilda Pratt..I do know all her family were in Vancouver as they all emigrated together when she was young, her father Harry Arthur Gould died in 1954 address Angus St Vancouver..same address Kathleen married from in 1938 so they resided there all their lives..he was Director and Secretary of the Bulbo Gold Dredging Company on his death cert it was his other daughter Stella who was the informant if anyone can help I would appreciate it..

Thank you Colette
Pratt, Benson, Haizelden, Ralston, Keller, Henshall, Wilson, Cook, Kilvert, Baylis, Lee.

Online bbart

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Help Needed Regarding A Lady
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 March 17 18:18 GMT (UK) »
In the 1962 Vancouver electors list, Kathleen Pratt, widow, is residing with Eleanor Gould, widow, at 5925 Angus Drive.  There is a student with them, surname Pratt, so probably her son.  As he is probably still living, I will PM the name.

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 09 March 17 07:26 GMT (UK) »
I don't know if you have this but it does give us a bit of a time frame for when Kathleen died:

From CAN-BC-OBITS-L Archives website:

Abbotsford Times

COWLEY - Joan M. (nee Gould) of West Vancouver. Passed away peacefully at Capilano Care Centre on September 21, 2002 at the age of 85. She was predeceased by her brother Harry and sisters Kathleen and Stella. She is survived and missed by nieces W Hamblin and B Offenbacher, nephews I Pratt and A Gould, and her stepson, P Cowley. Memorial service arrangements can be discussed with I Pratt at ------.

There was a phone number listed which I will PM you.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline lilybell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 09 March 17 09:24 GMT (UK) »
From the Vancouver Sun July 10,1940
Pratt-Passed away at Nelson B. C. July7/1940 Charles Edward Pratt, formerly of Vancouver B.C. in his 34th year. Survived by his loving wife and infant son, at 6947 Angus Drive Vancouver B.C. mother and 2 sisters, Coventry, England. Funeral service July 12 at 2:30 p.m. from the Hollyburn Funeral Home of Herron Bros. Ltd. 18th and Marine Drive, West Vancouver. Rev. W.T. Keeling officiating. Internment Capilano View Cemetery.

There  is a entry on the 1962 and 1963 Voters List  Kathleen and looks to be her son along with Mrs., Eleanor Gould living at 5925 Angus Drive, Vancouver.

Lilybell
Harrod Essex and Kent England
McCrimmon Invernesshire  Scotland

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help Needed Regarding A Lady KATHLEEN HILDA GOULD
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 09 March 17 14:58 GMT (UK) »
With husband's burial in Capilano View Cemetery you could contact them to find out if Kathleen is also buried there.  FindAGrave has an entry for above cemetery but it does not seem to be complete yet. 

Offline colette

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 09 March 17 15:29 GMT (UK) »
Blimey you don't know how happy you have made me he had a son I can't believe it..It was what I was wanting to hear..even though their marriage was so brief 1938 December and Charles Edward died July 1940 I hoped that maybe there was a child.

His father my Great Uncle Edward Joseph Pratt is my passion he was a long serving Soldier with the Royal Warwickshire Regiment he joined in 1892 and fought in the Egyptian Sudan Campaign in 1898, he retired in 1913 and went back at the start of WW1 he became a Regimental Sergeant Major for the 10th Warwickshire Regiment and he lost his life at the 3rd Battle Of Ypres..I knew his daughters never wed and I could not find anything on his son Charles till I had a breakthrough that he went to Canada ..I really though there were no descendants of Edward Joseph and now maybe there are Can't thank you all enough..

Happy Colette xxx
Pratt, Benson, Haizelden, Ralston, Keller, Henshall, Wilson, Cook, Kilvert, Baylis, Lee.

Offline lilybell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 09 March 17 16:49 GMT (UK) »

Information from Capilano View Cemetery, Vancouver

Charles Edward Pratt burial location D-14-h. Kathleen's cremated remains buried with Charles.
Kathleen Hilda died July 31,1996 her plot purchased by their son. I have PM you a message  with his name.

Cheers
Lilybell
Harrod Essex and Kent England
McCrimmon Invernesshire  Scotland

Offline colette

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 09 March 17 23:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi do you have access to Ancestry's passenger records Charles's death cert said he had been in Canada for 12 years so 1928 would be the year he arrived I can see a Charles Pratt sailing on the Montclare in March 1928 age 21 to St John New Brunswick which might be him..also I saw a Charles E Pratt who was a student in 1938 in Vancouver which again might be him would there be College year books maybe..

Thank You Colette

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 10 March 17 02:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Here is the passenger list... free from the Library and Archives Canada site.  He is down near the bottom of this page. 

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/microform-digitization/006003-119.01-e.php?PHPSESSID=3kvuv2t81191cnd9qmned7l9i4&sqn=493&q2=17&q3=990&tt=605

He gives his place of birth as Budbrook.  He is a wheel builder going to Calgary Alberta.  Mother is contact in England- her address is in Coventry.  Be sure to scroll across to see all of the information.   :)

RK