Author Topic: Ann Davies nee Thomas born 13Jan1839, Whibonog. Died ???????  (Read 761 times)

Offline diplodicus

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Remember, no great adventure started with salad.
    • View Profile
Ann Davies nee Thomas born 13Jan1839, Whibonog. Died ???????
« on: Wednesday 08 March 17 09:59 GMT (UK) »
My great-great grandmother Ann Thomas married Daniel Davies and together they farmed Blaenwern, the next farm down the stream from Whibonog, Ty Mawr, Llanybydder.

I have her in each census from 1841 to 1911 but nothing thereafter. Daniel died in 1910 but the farm remained in the family.

I have significantly added to the GRO revenue stream trying to find the date of her death.

Can some kind person reveal the date?

My thanks, as always, to this marvellous community.

Malcolm
Thomas, Davies, Jones, Walters, Daniel in Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion. That should narrow it down a bit!
Vincent: Fressingfield, Suffolk, Stockton & Sunderland.
Murtha/Murtaugh: Dundalk & Sunderland
Ingram: Cairnie by Huntly, Scotland then Abergavenny, Monmouthshire.
Bardouleau: London - in memory of my stepmother Annie Rose née Bardouleau who put up with a lot from me.
gedmatch.com A006809
Kit uploaded to familytreedna.com B171041
Y-DNA R-M269 & mtDNA U5b1f

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Davies nee Thomas born 13Jan1839, Whibonog. Died ???????
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 08 March 17 12:08 GMT (UK) »
What registration district did Daniel die in?
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline diplodicus

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 08 March 17 15:24 GMT (UK) »
Daniel died in 1910 at Blaenwern which theoretically is Llandeilofawr, Carmarthenshire. However, it could be through Lampeter which is now in Ceredigion.

The date 1910 is speculative and was derived from misty family recollection.
Thomas, Davies, Jones, Walters, Daniel in Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion. That should narrow it down a bit!
Bardouleau: London - in memory of my stepmother Annie Rose née Bardouleau who put up with a lot from me.
gedmatch.com A006809

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 08 March 17 15:54 GMT (UK) »
So is this his Death?

Mar 1910   
Davies    Daniel    74
 Llandilofawr   
11a   721    

Have you eliminated the Sept 1917 ( aged78) or Dec 1918 (aged 79) same place for Ann?
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline diplodicus

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 08 March 17 18:19 GMT (UK) »
Daniel did not survive to the 1911 census but I haven't invested in GRO certs as he's not a blood relative.
gedmatch.com A006809

Offline Northhighlander

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 19 July 22 17:14 BST (UK) »
Hello Malcolm
I am so pleased to read your posts regarding your researches into OUR family! Yes, I am related to you. My great grandfather was Daniel Davies and his wife Ann was my great grandmother. Their daughter Eliza (or Elizabeth, there is some confusion) was my grandmother , born in 1873 (although the 1911 census record says 1875, which is wrong!) and I lived with her, my mother and aunt (two of her daughters) in Brighton also with my father. I speak it my shame that whilst I acquired Welsh as a child (when my English Dad was at work!), as a stubborn child I singularly refused to speak it to them. How I regret that now!
I have researched this branch of the family but mainly from the marriage of Elizabeth to Evan Nathaniel Thomas in 1892.
However, when I was young and in the afternoons, the three of them my mother, aunt and grandma ('Mam Mumps' as I called her) would frequently talk about 'y hen wlad', meaning, of course, their young life in Lampeter. They often talked about 'Aunty Hannah', or their cousin Hereward (although I now believe he once removed. I didn't know where Blaenwern was, but when we visited in the 1960s, Hannah Jane was living there, I believe. They also mentioned Whibynog farm, but I think it was mainly my Aunty Nancy (Ann Mary) who would visit or play with the children there. How they got there from Lampeter I have no idea.
I will be delighted to share my researches on this branch of the Davies family with you.
Best regards

Tony Hagon